‘Tesla tourism’ bill for factory pickups faces strong opposition in California

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
‘Tesla tourism’ bill for factory pickups faces strong opposition in California

This seems like such a "no-brainer". It blows my mind that there is strong opposition to this bill. They'd rather keep the revenue from the 2-3 rich people who pick up there cars in California, than take a chance on developing a new tourism industry that could end up drawing in "less rich" people to pick up their Model 3s.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Politics is a funny business. Logic rarely plays any role in decisions, it's mostly who can grease the wheels with money and back scratching.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sounds like the quoted Senetor is out of touch if she thinks there is not a single owner in her district. I am positive there are Tesla owners in her tiny district that includes Ontario, Chino, San Bernardino, Pomona and the Rancho Cucamonga Supercarger sits right on the district line at I-15 and 210.

Economically, it may not be Beverly Hills, but it's not Compton either.

Last edited:

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Actually, @MelindaV it seems to be some curious gerrymandering for that district.

I actually grew up in that district and would be hard pressed to find someone in an S, X, or Roadster there.

I have family that still lives in situ and am planning on asking for their support.

There is a big "Auto Center" that does not have any Tesla representation in it at that location that could probably where the resistance is coming from.

Now, a service center in Ontario might help a long way for Senator Leyva.