1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

2017 City of Portland Electric Vehicle Strategy

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by MelindaV, Nov 30, 2016.

More threads by MelindaV
  1. MelindaV

☰ > 3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Vancouver, WA
    Country
    2017 City of Portland Electric Vehicle Strategy

Portland just posted the draft of their next iteration of their multi year (parts project out to 2050) EV Strategy, with it open to comments at City Counsel on Dec 14 if anyone is interested in visiting Ptld next month.

While it is specifically the city's plan, I thought it may be interesting to some of you to browse thru and see what Portland is planning. I specifically am interested to see how this pans out, both for the potential of having neighborhood charging options around my office (which currently had none) and to see how it may affect the the city's development code and projects my office (architecture) may work on in the future.
    I also found it interesting that most sections put an emphasis on low-income residents (then show a Model S) and hinting at requiring L2 & DCFC at low-income housing. AND the large amount of mentions of e-bikes and adding charging for electric bicycles!

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1