5% tint on the rear window?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone have some good outside AND inside photos of a one piece 5% tint on the rear window? All my cars normally get 5% so I'm not worried about the window, but am curious around the factory tinted roof portion.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My tintshop was worried about heating up the glass too much with 5% and a chance for breakage. They didn't recommend going that dark.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
here's all windows w/ 5%
I'll post better ones and inside tomorrow. I love it. always done 5% in past and this looks bangin.
Outside looks awesome! I’m mostly curious how the factory tinted portion of the rear window looks (and your panorama window if you tinted that too).

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
here it is in a incredibly unflattering light so it looks as extreme as possible. fwiw, when driving it looks great to have a lighter box to be able to see through and I don't see anyone ever turning around. I asked the tint shop today and they said they've never been able to offer something that looks 100% uniform because of how the factory tint is.

Attachments

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
here it is in a incredibly unflattering light so it looks as extreme as possible. fwiw, when driving it looks great to have a lighter box to be able to see through and I don't see anyone ever turning around. I asked the tint shop today and they said they've never been able to offer something that looks 100% uniform because of how the factory tint is.
You rock. This is exactly what I needed to see. I was worried that the factory tinted part would be too dark to see through. It’s dark, but not overly dark. Thanks for humoring me. Us dark tint folks need to stick together

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Brave. I got 35% and feel like i can JUST see everything at night, since i find the self dimming mirrors can be a bit dim as well. Have to imagine it's hard to see things like bikes and pedestrians with 5% everywhere, especially in not-well-lit neighborhoods. No? You'd get pulled over in a second here with 5%.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I feel you and it does indeed require diligence on my part. More active type driving at night where I'm constantly looking ahead and very very careful in any intersections/crosswalks etc. I roll the windows down often for busy intersection/turns since its LA and always nice outside!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in agreement with @HughManatee

I also have 35% on the rear windshield and feel it may be too dark at night with the auto dimming mirror. I decided on the 35% because my old vehicle also had 35% in the rear as well as an auto dimming rearview mirror but I don't remember it being so dark...

In the end, it's all personal preference (how much privacy, heat rejection, looks, etc). If I really wanted to do it again I'd probably go with a 50-55% on that rear glass.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If I really wanted to do it again I'd probably go with a 50-55% on that rear glass.
I actually had them take the 35% off the back window (the tint guy messed it up anyway and was going to replace it) and just went with the Tesla tint on the back, and i think it's great. 50% is getting to the point i can't really tell much of a difference. So i just have 35% on the sides, nothing on top, front or back.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No way I could live with nothing or even 35% on the back. I've had 5% on the back my cars for years and I keep my front two windows at the legal minimum (25%) so seeing out the side isn't an issue worth mentioning (rolling down the window could solve any of those issues.

For sure preference! I just didn't want the factory tinted roof portion to be completely blacked out so props to bigevil for the pics.