1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

A fatal Tesla Autopilot accident prompts an evaluation by NHTSA

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Jun 30, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

A fatal accident involving a Tesla Model S on Autopilot and a tractor-trailer, which is just now coming to light but happened last month, prompts a preliminary evaluation by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The evaluation will determine whether the system worked according to expectations and it is the first step before an investigation which could potentially lead to a recall.

Tesla issued a statement regarding the accident, which you can read in full below:

moreā€¦

Filed under: Cars, Tesla Tagged: autopilot crash, nhtsa investigation, nhtsa tesla, Tesla, Tesla Autopilot, tesla crash fatal crash [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. SpdBug

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Spencer, ok
    #2 SpdBug, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
    What auto company turns themselves in to the NHTSA after 1 crash instead of sweeping it under the rug. I didn't think I could like Tesla and Elon any more than I already did.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Paul Spiers

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Newmarket, Ontario
      Country
      The Detriot three have a deplorable history of shameless cover ups. However, you can bet that Tesla will not be given the benefit of doubt. Already, I have read several articles in the investment sector with headlines that make Tesla sound like they are under investigation, even though they are the ones who reported this tragic accident to the NHTSA.

I am looking forward to being an owner of a Tesla product not just because it will help to reduce GHGs, but because Elon and his team are honest and ethical.

• Agree Agree x 4