A Model 3 and a Model S drag race...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Did the Model S use the key fob for summoning or the phone? If fob, it'd be interesting to see if there's a difference.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did the Model S use the key fob for summoning or the phone? If fob, it'd be interesting to see if there's a difference.
Both cars used the phone app with continuous press for this one.

I don't know man - need that photo finish and the camera on the actual finish line. Does that S stand a little taller and cast a longer shadow? Looks like he might have almost been taken by the 3 !
I know, I immediately regretted placement of the GoPro, but we didn’t want to redo the race. The S definitely won even though the video makes it look close. Toward the end, it’s hard to see but I think my car slowed when it detected the cone on the left.

Last edited:

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Both cars used the phone app with continuous press for this one.

I know, I immediately regretted placement of the GoPro, but we didn’t want to redo the race. The S definitely won even though the video makes it look close. Toward the end, it’s hard to see but I think my car slowed when it detected the cone on the left.
All fun and good information honestly. Cool you have access to both cars to make comparisons and in the end all looks about equal. Cool to now it detected the cone as well as an obstacle.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What‽ Rematch! VINdicate your 3.
Rematch for sure and ideally we try to find an X and get them spread out in S E X formation for the video, but I don't know anyone with an X locally well at least no one that will want to be in a YouTube video.