Abstract Ocean puddle lights possible issue

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I installed 2 puddle lights over the weekend on the front doors only. I absolutely love them and they are cool to look at...
IMG_20180807_072052.jpg

However, yesterday I started noticing I'm losing about 1-2mi In range per hour. Could it be from these? Anyone else experience this? There is a slight hum/whine from under the front of the car too nonstop. Are these putting a strain on the electrical system somehow? I might try to switch them out again to see if that solves it.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
However, yesterday I started noticing I'm losing about 1-2mi In range per hour. Could it be from these?
Probably not. The power to them should be shut off when the door is closed.

But if you still suspect them, then try removing them and see if your range drain continues.

quadmasta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's a zero percent possibility these are causing the problem *if the doors are closed completely*. When the door is closed the power to them is cut off completely.

1-2 miles per hour is pretty huge, actually. I see you're in Nevada and it's hot there :) Check your cabin overheat protection settings and see what they're set to; the A/C might be running a lot.

I think the "3" logo looks better than the T so I may swap 'em around.

Allan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got a software update that included a few items that I think could impact battery drain. You might want to check and see if any of the new features/capability are impacting you. The only chane I made was turning on the beep for when the car locks and I don't see any change in my idle battery drain.

John

Tech Founder
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That amount of range loss points to the climate control.