Abstract Ocean - Vinyl Door Wraps

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 10th and still qualify for the $7500 US federal tax credit until December 31 for orders placed before November 30 as all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

GRiMm-V-

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
leftrear.jpg rightdoors.jpg

The passenger side shows the contrast between chrome and no chrome (I goofed on that door handle install and waiting on a replacement)
This is the brushed black.

sjcsale

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How do these work in hot weather? Does it make the handle less hot to touch?
Stock chrome ones heat up like anything.

GRiMm-V-

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So the insides still get hot. but the outside surface is definitely much cooler than before. I think the RPM tesla's wraps cover the handle all around, hence should give more protection than these.

I would like to order the Vinyl Door handle wraps as well but I am torn on what color/texture to choose. I think I am having trouble understanding the true color/texture of the wraps from the pictures on the website. The angles don't make it very obvious.

For example, are the Tesla Silver, brushed titanium and brushed steel glossy textures? If so, which one matches the window trim the closest?

I have a black Model 3 and I actually do like the chrome handles but I am looking to protect them and prevent them from getting too hot and I would not mind putting a wrap over them if I can can get them to match the trim remotely.

Thanks in advance.

sjcsale

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 11859 View attachment 11860

The passenger side shows the contrast between chrome and no chrome (I goofed on that door handle install and waiting on a replacement)
This is the brushed black.
I've got a blue as well. Trying to decide the color for these handle wraps. How are the black ones on hot days?
I know, Portland is most gorgeous weather during summer. Still, if you have experienced hot days let me know. Thanks!!

GRiMm-V-

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've got a blue as well. Trying to decide the color for these handle wraps. How are the black ones on hot days?
I know, Portland is most gorgeous weather during summer. Still, if you have experienced hot days let me know. Thanks!!
So the insides still get hot while the outside is relatively cool to touch. 8 hours in the sun does get it warm, but not unbearably so.(PDX has been in the mid 90's all this week)

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello,

Has anyone tried the vinyl door handles that is currently being sold by Abstract Ocean: https://www.abstractocean.com/model-3-vinyl-door-handle-trims/

I'm particularly interested in the Tesla Silver ones (since I have a Silver Metallic). I'm curious how close it matches the paint.
So did you end up giving any of them a try?

Silver Metallic here as well and getting tired of wiping down the fingerprints and smudges on the door pulls. The chrome I think matches well with our color, but touching it is another story.

Wondering how a clear matte film would look? Usually makes silver look "frosted" which might be pretty cool and addresses the chrome issues without changing the color dramatically.