Abstract Ocean

Discussion in 'Customizing & Modifications' started by Edward Reading, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Edward Reading

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Shout out to AO. Installed some trunk lights today. One didn't work, shot them an email. They responded within an hour (on a Sunday!) and have a replacement on the way to me. It's easy to bitch about poor service, but I think it is important to let people know when a company goes above and beyond. These guys do it right. Thanks Christal!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  2. sledhead36

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Those guys are one of the best out there.

3. BigBri

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Went with them after watching RPM freak out on various YouTube videos and all the bad press they get. I screwed up the vinyl wrap and they sent me a replacement same day. I'd rather pay a tad more and have good service.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Mjp462

Expand Collapse

Country
    AO offers good products! Honest too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fz48

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I ordered trunk lights from RPM, along with center console wrap. 1 light didn’t work, and the center console cup wrap doesn’t fit.

Emailed as well, no response... not sure how long I need to wait to get a response... kind of regretted and maybe I should have ordered through AO

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mjp462

Expand Collapse

Country
    Do not expect an email response. I order a center console wrap in April. I asked for another piece as he claims to send pieces of there was a mistake on the install. I even told him I would buy another product and he could ship them together. I'm still waiting for a response!!

Yes, you probably should have ordered through AO instead. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Sandy

One obsession to the next
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    #7 Sandy, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    I am an incredibly happy AO customer. Great communication and customer service.

I sent my RPM console wrap back due to the poorly cut out cup holders (Gen 1). They refunded the full purchase amount immediately after they received it so no issue.

Pete at AO shipped me their brushed black console wrap and it was a perfect fit. He even cut it east/west for me. I also have their screen protector, 4 three bar puddle lights, 2 bright trunk lights and 2 blue console/glove box lights (2 blue floor ambient lights to be replaced when the new ones are available). Highly recommend the company.

72B9592C-7F28-4157-89F1-C06940A166BA.jpeg

CB2FFA4E-8E1D-468B-847B-EE2F89B6FA4C.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Rickey

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Yep, agreed. Abstract Ocean and Christal have been awesome. Highly recommend.

Had an issue where the shipper manged to bend and indent my AO screen protector during shipping (despite it being pretty well packaged with cardboard backing), reached out to AO via email and Christal responded quickly and immediately sent me a replacement protector rolled up in a shipping tube this time to mke sure it got to me undamaged.

Great service and Christal herself is an M3 owner so props.

• Like Like x 2
  9. EBMCS03

Expand Collapse

Country
    Good to hear. After much debate with so many options out there I ordered the full set of LED puddle lights from AO. =)

10. sakaike

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Want to add my shout out to Abstract Ocean and Christal!

I ordered white LEDs for the trunk, glove and console, as well as the triple bar puddle lights for all 4 doors. Install was great. But I made a mistake and ordered 4 red LEDs thinking they would go on the doors as described on the product page. I ordered all these parts before ever seeing a live car or getting my own last week. Upon delivery I discovered that those two red things on the front doors are reflectors and not lights. Christal was awesome and sent me a return shipping label for the lights ASAP.

That said, they really should clarify their product description wording for those red LEDs and emphasize that these are for the S and X and not the 3.

11. Corey

Expand Collapse

Country
    Don't have my car yet but ordered a few things from them. Quality and package look really nice. I also had a quick exchange with Crystal regarding their plans for a dash wrap. She confirmed they have plans but want to get it right. She knows of the other solutions out there and said they aren't going to rush to market with an inferior product. Sounds like a great company

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. hamtonp

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I bought the front and back emblem wrap in brushed black. The front had horizontal brush strokes while the the rear had vertical. Little annoying but not a big deal since they are so far apart no one will notice.