Aero Wheel Lug Nut Covers and Center Cap

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I know a couple people have asked how to get the lug nut covers and the center cap to finish off the wheel under the aero hubcap. I asked my local Parts Advisor and he ordered them for me. One small caveat - you have to have a VIN number to order parts. So, you have to be a current owner, or possibly have a VIN assigned in order to order. You shouldn't need the part numbers, but just in case here they are with the pricing:

upload_2017-12-8_11-46-57.png

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know a couple people have asked how to get the lug nut covers and the center cap to finish off the wheel under the aero hubcap. I asked my local Parts Advisor and he ordered them for me. One small caveat - you have to have a VIN number to order parts. So, you have to be a current owner, or possibly have a VIN assigned in order to order. You shouldn't need the part numbers, but just in case here they are with the pricing:

View attachment 4308
I am considering this, but for the sport wheels. Now why the Lug Nut covers? It seems TESLA uses more of a NUT than a regular Capped Lug nut for lack of a better way of saying it. Could I just swap out the nuts for chrome Lug Nuts?

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I am considering this, but for the sport wheels. Now why the Lug Nut covers? It seems TESLA uses more of a NUT than a regular Capped Lug nut for lack of a better way of saying it. Could I just swap out the nuts for chrome Lug Nuts?
I don’t know if this would work for the sport wheel. It works for the wheel under the aero hub cap. I suppose you could swap for a chrome but, but at $0.39/ea it’s probably the cheapest thing that Tesla makes. I don’t know why you’d waste your time with something else.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was thinking of chrome center caps. They make those vs Grey, Right?
Ya know with a chrome center cap, the black lug nut covers may look really good.

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I was thinking of chrome center caps. They make those vs Grey, Right?
Ya know with a chrome center cap, the black lug nut covers may look really good.
Yes. He said they have metal and grey on the center caps, but no grey lug but covers. Only metal or black.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
IDK. I figured they were regular chrome lugs
If your looking for high quality Gorilla is great. Their ‘Lifetime Lugnuts’ are really good. More expensive but worth it to me. Gorilla makes cheaper ones as well but I like these the best. I’m not a fan of plastic caps or of OEM steel lugnuts with stainless steel caps on them.

M3 Specs are: 13/16 Hex, 14mm x 1.50 thread.

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/lifetime-lug-nuts

The first one is the one that works.

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was thinking Sports with the chrome center cap and Red decal in the T since Red car and maybe now Black Lug covers.
Now I am leaning towards just getting the Aero wheels and buying the 18" TSTs from T Sportline and doing the same.

I love the look of the 19" sports but am wondering about tread wear and ride quality. If 1/2 inch of extra sidewall (all around) would make that much of a difference

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was thinking Sports with the chrome center cap and Red decal in the T since Red car and maybe now Black Lug covers.
Now I am leaning towards just getting the Aero wheels and buying the 18" TSTs from T Sportline and doing the same.

I love the look of the 19" sports but am wondering about tread wear and ride quality. If 1/2 inch of extra sidewall (all around) would make that much of a difference
Doesn't the sport wheel already have the single piece lug nut cover? I thought that looked better than the five individual lug covers.

red t.jpg

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Doesn't the sport wheel already have the single piece lug nut cover? I thought that looked better than the five individual lug covers.

View attachment 4448
It does come with that black cover. I was just thinking of the chome cap to clean things up. But with the red on black, that looks sweet.
I have been going over and over the Wheels thing. Driving wife nuts :rolleyes:.
I’ve decided against the TSTs and am gonna go with the Sports but now I gotta add the red to the black center cover!
I decided that I want the model 3 to look like a model 3 and not trying to look like an S with the turbines

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It does come with that black cover. I was just thinking of the chome cap to clean things up. But with the red on black, that looks sweet.
I have been going over and over the Wheels thing. Driving wife nuts :rolleyes:.
I’ve decided against the TSTs and am gonna go with the Sports but now I gotta add the red to the black center cover!
I decided that I want the model 3 to look like a model 3 and not trying to look like an S with the turbines
What do you think of this option on a red 3?

wheel 5 copy.jpg

Vistan

Country
Country

View attachment 4308

I got the same center caps and lug nut covers at the San Diego Tesla Service Center this past week. When I was checking out, they presented me with a bill for $97! Seems their computer threw an installation labor charge in for good measure. I managed to escape with the same $27.80 charge that @danzgator paid.

Vistan

ghoticov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got the same center caps and lug nut covers at the San Diego Tesla Service Center this past week. When I was checking out, they presented me with a bill for $97! Seems their computer threw an installation labor charge in for good measure. I managed to escape with the same $27.80 charge that @danzgator paid.

Vistan
I am going to call a Service Center in Cali to see if they will ship them to me since I am in Central Cali. I sure hope they do because I think this option looks great!