Aftermarket “T E S L A” Performance Badge

Would you replace the rear “T” badge with a “T E S L A” one?

• Total voters

CJ Tio

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I saw the rear photo of Franz’s M3 and admired the “T E S L A” badge it had. I found a replica of the badge being sold at Abstract Ocean and bought it along with a console wrap. It’s coming next tuesday, but in the meantime I crappily photoshopped what it might look like on my silver M3.
AF7F4831-B3F0-4898-91C2-99A403F6F1CC.jpeg 47E62161-4ADE-4BA5-8277-D9898264BC28.jpeg

Let me know if you guys have any experience with this badge/ thoughts on what it looks like. I’ll remember to update here when I finally receive them and put them on the car.

Attachments

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Making all these changes from the stock Model 3 as delivered just lowers its value in the future. Antique/classic cars are valued based on how original they are, not how "pimped" they are

Eigenv1

Country
Country
I believe that value will be inversely proportional to the number of cars available. Since Tesla is going to be producing so many cars, it’s unlikely they’ll be that valuable in 25 years from now. Also, a number of us will be 6 feet under in 25 years. I’d say modify it anyway you want and enjoy it. Life‘s too short.

artsci

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I believe that value will be inversely proportional to the number of cars available. Since Tesla is going to be producing so many cars, it’s unlikely they’ll be that valuable in 25 years from now. Also, a number of us will be 6 feet under in 25 years. I’d say modify it anyway you want and enjoy it. Life‘s too short.
Amen!

MrBCC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ended up purchasing the black matte lettering from Abstract Ocean. I scratched my paint taking off the emblem (consider this a factor/risk to doing this mod, in addition to the previously mentioned resale value hit) but it's looks pretty good.

I'm not too thrilled with the quality, as the mold they used seems less precise than an OEM lettering. It's ok for now, but will be replacing with something better if it comes along.

Attachments

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ended up purchasing the black matte lettering from Abstract Ocean. I scratched my paint taking off the emblem (consider this a factor/risk to doing this mod, in addition to the previously mentioned resale value hit) but it's looks pretty good.

I'm not too thrilled with the quality, as the mold they used seems less precise than an OEM lettering. It's ok for now, but will be replacing with something better if it comes along.
I had the same experiences with the chrome version. I got impatient and chipped a tiny bit of paint off with one of the points on the OEM T while removing it. I also noted the less-than-perfect cuts on the TESLA lettering while applying it, but at least with chrome-on-silver, I don't actually notice it on the car at all. I'm more worried about how well the adhesive will hold up to my pressure washer- I guess time will tell...

MrBCC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had the same experiences with the chrome version. I got impatient and chipped a tiny bit of paint off with one of the points on the OEM T while removing it. I also noted the less-than-perfect cuts on the TESLA lettering while applying it, but at least with chrome-on-silver, I don't actually notice it on the car at all. I'm more worried about how well the adhesive will hold up to my pressure washer- I guess time will tell...
I ended up reaching out to Abstract Ocean about my issues. They looked at my photos but didn't acknowledge the issue, and blamed the poor lines on the adhesive behind the letters. I would encourage you to let them know too, as they may improve the product if enough people complain.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You just insulted everyone who modifies their 3s. Even in quotes it's pejorative.
I've never thought of "pimped" as pejorative. Xzibit made a "pimped" ride a good thing. ;)

As far as what else he said:
Making all these changes from the stock Model 3 as delivered just lowers its value in the future. Antique/classic cars are valued based on how original they are...
Well, that's all completely true. But most of us buy cars to drive them - not to collect them until they're antiques. There's nothing wrong with personalizing a car.

Right, Sergei?

msjulie

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since Tesla is going to be producing so many cars, it’s unlikely they’ll be that valuable in 25 years from now
Unless it's an old split window VW bus... ;)