Aftermarket 18s for performance P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For those curious I ordered the flow one f2 18x8.5 with +30 offset for daily driving from tire rack. They fit without any spacers and the stock 18 tires fit. Look good and a great price. They are flush. Let me know what you think or if you see any issues.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nzQKryyVckgtM4hEA

Will get them mounted when my tmps arrive.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's a great find.

Fits over big brakes. CHECK
Fits over stepped hub lip. CHECK
Fits M14x1.5 studs. CHECK

Those weigh slightly more than the factory aero wheels though.
I went with a 16.7 lbs. 18x8.5 wheel for less unsprung weight, less weight, less rotating mass,
which should translate to better range, efficiency, acceleration, braking, handling, comfort.
But it is requiring quite a bit of work to fit due to M12 bolt holes, which I will have CNC'ed to M14.

Which TPMS did you end up going with?
I got a set of 433mhz TPMS on eBay for $106.
I'm hoping that those will work.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Slightly less than stock with the covers 21.9 vs 23 per tsportsline ;). Figure the difference would be nominal in the long run. Has to be better than the 4Ss.
I went with these tpms:
Autel Universal MX-Sensor 2 in 1 Dual Frequency 315mhz and 433mhz Metal Stem MX Sensor Quantity 1 (315+433MHz 2in1)
Programmed by [mod edit to remove email] for $25.

16.7 will be a much better gain. When I wear out the 4Ss and need a good autoX tire I will look for something lighter. But for a daily driver this will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

N54tt

Country
Country
Trying to decide on winter setup and was looking into getting the 19” f3 instead of tst 19” since these are lighter. Isn’t much info out there about Flow One. Do you know what the center bore size is? Did yours come with centering rings? Might be the angle of the pics...but that groove doesnt look deep enough. Is that groove deep enough to accommodate the step lip in the front?(front seems more pronounced than the rear). Test fit looks good....but might not know if there are issues until you drive on it.

It looks like bored out groove was really intended to accommodate a retaining clip for centering rings

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=572484&postcount=10

N54tt

Country
Country
So I called tire rack inquiring about the Flow One wheels. Center bore is 70.somthing and require a centering ring to accommodate the 64.1mm hub on the model 3. The diameter of the step on the hub has been measured as 69.5mm. If @DevildogDMD didn’t use a hub centering ring...maybe he’s actually centering the wheel on the hub step?

Last edited:

ODub

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Slightly less than stock with the covers 21.9 vs 23 per tsportsline ;). Figure the difference would be nominal in the long run. Has to be better than the 4Ss.
I went with these tpms:
Autel Universal MX-Sensor 2 in 1 Dual Frequency 315mhz and 433mhz Metal Stem MX Sensor Quantity 1 (315+433MHz 2in1)
Programmed by [mod edit to remove email] for $25.

16.7 will be a much better gain. When I wear out the 4Ss and need a good autoX tire I will look for something lighter. But for a daily driver this will work.
Looks good. My only concern would be the TPMS valve stem hitting the caliper. I only say this because my aftermarket 19" wheels had a mid-center valve stem location and it scraped my rear caliper. I had to get a TPMS adapter and short valve stem. Getting this installed on the wheels this Saturday

Attachments

N54tt

Country
Country
Looks good. My only concern would be the TPMS valve stem hitting the caliper. I only say this because my aftermarket 19" wheels had a mid-center valve stem location and it scraped my rear caliper. I had to get a TPMS adapter and short valve stem. Getting this installed on the wheels this Saturday
These don’t have mid center valve stems. You can see the hole for the valve stem at the face of the wheel and have zero chance of hitting the caliper.