Aftermarket wheel center caps and lug nuts?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered Model 3 wheel center caps and lugnuts almost a month ago but still haven't gotten them. Apparently they are on backorder for 2 months. Does anyone know of any aftermarket center caps and lugnuts for the Model 3? TSportline is the only option I've found but they charge $110 which is more than twice what Tesla charges...

https://tsportline.com/collections/...ay-center-cap-set-and-wheel-lug-nut-cover-set

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was in the same boat, but to my surprised I called our local Service Center here in San Diego and they had a couple of sets there so I hopped into my car and grabbed one. Maybe you can try that too.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I got impatient and ordered some black center caps and lug covers off ebay while I wait for the official ones to ship. If they aren't terrible I'll post pics. Considering getting some Tesla stickers to throw on there.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was in the same boat, but to my surprised I called our local Service Center here in San Diego and they had a couple of sets there so I hopped into my car and grabbed one. Maybe you can try that too.
Yep, I tried 3 different service locations in Georgia but no luck. Everyone is out. Kind of surprised they're struggling to produce/find a supplier for something as basic as wheel center caps and black lug nuts...

I got impatient and ordered some black center caps and lug covers off ebay while I wait for the official ones to ship. If they aren't terrible I'll post pics. Considering getting some Tesla stickers to throw on there.
Keep us updated. I pickup my Model 3 next Saturday but I'm not expecting to get anything before then.

EVTuning

M3OC Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country

Attachments

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
https://evtuningsolutions.com/collections/ev-tuning-lug-nut-covers look awfully similar don't they ;) Half the price and free shipping!!! and they come with the removal tool! I can't find a good centercap that doesn't fit like crap though. Anyone that finds me a good aftermarket solution will get a free set of lug nut covers!
I bought the black ones off eBay for $25 (couldn't find anything elsewhere). They claim to be an Italian brand but we'll see how quality they are when they come on Saturday. 5 more days until I pickup my 3!

EVTuning

M3OC Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
You will be happy with them. They fit just like the factory ones do and look very similar if not identical. That's why when I found them it made sense to start carrying them especially at the price point vs. Tesla or TSportline.

atlas310

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just bought these off Amazon.

Nothing special, but they did the trick. No complaints yet. Doesn't come with a removal tool though.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You will be happy with them. They fit just like the factory ones do and look very similar if not identical. That's why when I found them it made sense to start carrying them especially at the price point vs. Tesla or TSportline.
Thanks for the info! Yeah TSportlines prices are outrageous. I got them yesterday and they look good. Are all lug nut covers plastic though?

Now I just need to find some Tesla center caps that won't break the bank. Still can't believe it's taking Tesla this long to get them in stock. Why can't they just find another supplier?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's really hard to compete with Telsa OEM. I'm surprised they did not order a set from another location for you.

EVTuning

M3OC Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Yea Teslas pricing isn’t really out of line. However supply chain is always their weak link. Tsportline is a matter of supply and demand as well as having a unique product. If I have an option and knew people would pay a premium I would be a bad businessman not to try and capitalize on that. All the lug nut covers are plastic and there are several alternatives. Center caps are the hard part to find.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered Model 3 wheel center caps and lugnuts almost a month ago but still haven't gotten them. Apparently they are on backorder for 2 months. Does anyone know of any aftermarket center caps and lugnuts for the Model 3? TSportline is the only option I've found but they charge $110 which is more than twice what Tesla charges...
There is a set for sale in the marketplace - https://model3ownersclub.com/posts/102209/

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Finally got my ebay cap kit in and installed. Here's what I ordered :

https://m.ebay.com/itm/20Pcs-Black-...rotect-Caps-/132219050013?txnId=1469915525003

https://m.ebay.com/itm/High-Quality...m-Black-ABS-/253524565001?txnId=2261073694015

They took almost 2 weeks to get here. Not bad for $18 total from China.

The lug caps went on no problem, they stick out a little so I might cut them down a bit but we'll see.

The center caps were too tight to fit, so I just sanded down the clips a little with 100 grit sandpaper and they went right in. The picture still has the anti scratch film on the center caps.

Here are some photos for reference :

IMG_20180523_091130.jpg IMG_20180523_091309.jpg IMG_20180523_091351.jpg

I'm pretty pleased considering I ordered the Tesla ones almost 2 months ago. I might buy some red or white stickers from etsy to complete the look.

Tim

GregRF

Country
Country

EVTuning

M3OC Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Sorry about that. They are leaving today from NH. So should have them by Monday-Tuesday.

GregRF

Country
Country
Sorry about that. They are leaving today from NH. So should have them by Monday-Tuesday.
Thanks! Any luck on the center cap? I finally broke down and ordered the kit from Tesla to get the gray center caps (wanted silver but wasn't getting anywhere with local service center). Surprised that I ordered those on Monday as well and received them Thursday!

Triangles

Country
Country
FWIW if someone is looking for a cheaper alternative to the Tesla center caps the Tesla caps measure just under 58mm at the widest point (the face) the "fingers" on the back have a 50mm diameter and 53mm for the "notch" on the fingers. The center of this notch to the back of the face is 9mm.

Also I don't know if it's been mentioned but 4 centercaps cost $60 where the kit with nut covers is only $50.

Point 3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
https://evtuningsolutions.com/collections/ev-tuning-lug-nut-covers look awfully similar don't they ;) Half the price and free shipping!!! and they come with the removal tool! I can't find a good centercap that doesn't fit like crap though. Anyone that finds me a good aftermarket solution will get a free set of lug nut covers!
I got these chrome ones on eBay and the insides are so poorly finished that they all sit at different heights.
I just wanted them to be flush like the Tesla ones seem to be.