Alerts on Mobile

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like it only shows when you rotate your phone. @TrevP is there anyway to bring back the notification badge in mobile portrait view?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@iChris93 i found it! Tap on the floating Edit pencil (lower right) and a red bottom row will appear with the alerts badge!

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@iChris93 i found it! Tap on the floating Edit pencil (lower right) and a red bottom row will appear with the alerts badge!
Thanks!

I’m trying not to hate these changes because I know a lot of work went into them.

Edit: just need to adjust and I’m sure it’ll be as enjoyable as it was before.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Sorry everyone but the notifications icon and hover behaviour were removed by the developers in this new version of the software on desktop computers.. It might return with an add-on which I'm actively monitoring but for the time being you'll just have to get used to clicking or tapping on the alert icon.

If you're on a mobile device I've enabled the user menu to be pinned to the bottom of your screen where alert and conversation counts will be displayed just as @SoFlaModel3 noted.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry everyone but the notifications icon and hover behaviour were removed by the developers
Honestly, I always hated the hover behavior.

Interestingly, the hover behavior never worked on Chromebooks, but did work in Chrome on Windows. I'd have to click them on a Chromebook.

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now I just want to be able to tell if I read an alert or not. I feel like we have regressed there. Thanks for the work Trev, it is really coming along well and I can see ways it is better than the old version.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now I just want to be able to tell if I read an alert or not. I feel like we have regressed there. Thanks for the work Trev, it is really coming along well and I can see ways it is better than the old version.
It's not perfect, but my process ....

Look at the count, say it's "24". Open the Alerts and "Show All". Knowing there are 30 per page, I scroll down to the bottom and then go up 6. From there I scroll and open all "Started a new thread..." that intrigue me in new tabs. From there, I move over to the Watched Threads area and do the same with all of the red bold thread titles that intrigue me. Then I work the tabs and I don't miss a thing ;)

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's not perfect, but my process ....

Look at the count, say it's "24". Open the Alerts and "Show All". Knowing there are 30 per page, I scroll down to the bottom and then go up 6. From there I scroll and open all "Started a new thread..." that intrigue me in new tabs. From there, I move over to the Watched Threads area and do the same with all of the red bold thread titles that intrigue me. Then I work the tabs and I don't miss a thing ;)
Is this better or worse for you than it was before?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is this better or worse for you than it was before?
I would just call it different and I see pros and cons...

If you don't follow my approach, when you go to "Watched Threads" first it will update the Alert counts making it impossible to make sense of which Alerts to look at first.