All those sporting excessively long signatures, REPENT!

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Signatures are nice. They give us that ability to express a little bit of our personalities. Maybe provide some links to pages to learn more about ourselves. But there is a dark side to signatures.

Forums are arranged vertically. Modern computer monitors are horizontally wide and vertically short. This is not a good combination to start. But then throw everybody's 5-line signature into the mix, and you're lucky if you can see 2 or 3 posts within a thread simultaneously.

So we're asking everybody to perform a little bit of house cleaning. Trim your signatures. Re-arrange them to have fewer, longer lines instead of several short lines. Help your fellow forum members and make reading the threads in which you participate a little easier.

Last edited:

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Might I suggest that anyone that has had their Model 3 delivered update the "Tesla Owner" field on on your main "Personal Details" page (click your avatar on the top right of the screen). In that field, we can enter something like "Model 3 on 5/18" so we can see roughly when you took delivery. After more people become owners, reservation/invite/vin dates become less relevant.

edit: sorry. I just realized it's a drop down so we can't enter dates but we can free text in the "Current Car" field so maybe we can add it there.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Calling @MGallo, @LUXMAN, @Joaquin, @MosquitoFloss, @Mike Land, @littlD, @ummgood, @rareohs @Bryan@Peachstate Detail, @aquadoggie, @G0GR33N, @btpier, @PTC Gator, @EMWEVEsq, @BayAreaModel3Owner, @Dogwhistle, @dogfood how ‘bout it?

To reiterate @garsh’s comments, having signatures more than 3ish lines become particularly tiresome when reading a thread where there are multiple posts from a few with very long signatures.
Perhaps some of the displayed info could be moved over to a profile post instead of your signature?

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Calling @MGallo, @LUXMAN, @Joaquin, @MosquitoFloss, @Mike Land, @littlD, @ummgood, @rareohs @Bryan@Peachstate Detail, @aquadoggie, @G0GR33N, @btpier, @PTC Gator, @EMWEVEsq, @BayAreaModel3Owner, @Dogwhistle, @dogfood how ‘bout it?

To reiterate @garsh’s comments, having signatures more than 3ish lines become particularly tiresome when reading a thread where there are multiple posts from a few with very long signatures.
Perhaps some of the displayed info could be moved over to a profile post instead of your signature?
I always found it helpful back when I was waiting on the car and I was hoping it would help others who still are. However I can see where it would be a pain so I'll correct it. (besides, now that I have the car I'm really not following the delivery info anymore:))

skygraff

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did mine as soon as I got the car. May remove the reservation info but thought some people still waiting might want that info for comparison.

Still too long?

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not remove relevant information from your signature. Please leave the dates if you can, just put them all on one line or something. They are very helpful for those of us still waiting. I completely get the extra space and I will even trim my own some - all lines saved are good, but the relevant information is still very good for those of us waiting. Another 6 months and I'm sure most of us won't care as the die hards that are on here should for the most part all have our cars, but for now they are very helpful as I research and check daily