Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.6.2 - Minor Fixes & Improvements (11/14/2018)

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

slotti

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup, parked inside garage, but was working fine yesterday. Curious if it has to do anything with my current location. I am traveling in Europe and car is in Cali.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup, parked inside garage, but was working fine yesterday. Curious if it has to do anything with my current location. I am traveling in Europe and car is in Cali.
I would not think it would have much of an effect on how the car responds to commands sent via the app. I was on the East coast and my car was in AZ. When you get home, close your garage and see how many bars of LTE signal you have. Mine gets 1 or 2 bars, not sure if 1 bar is enough to wake up the car reliably all the time.

sjcsale

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have tried to research and read - but I am not able to understand, what "Fingerprint Authentication" in the app does?

I have a Pixel 2XL. I unlock the phone using fingerprint reader.
Turning on/off this feature in the Tesla app doesn't seem to affect any functionality.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have tried to research and read - but I am not able to understand, what "Fingerprint Authentication" in the app does?
If you were to log out of the app, then this allows you to log back in by using the fingerprint reader instead of typing in your password.

If you never log out of the app, then you won't notice any difference.

sjcsale

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you were to log out of the app, then this allows you to log back in by using the fingerprint reader instead of typing in your password.

If you never log out of the app, then you won't notice any difference.
Thank you. I wonder how many of us regularly logout and login to Tesla app.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 3.4.3 was released this morning with the following changes:
  • Powerwall customers participating in Grid Services programs now know when their systems are benefiting the grid and can track Grid Services energy and power usage.
  • Model 3 owners can access support videos about their vehicle features as well as their referral code and loot box
  • Storm Watch: for Powerwall customers with backup and in selected regions,Tesla will automatically detectincoming storms and store energy.
It's worth noting that you can log in and view the support videos and loot box even if you do not yet have a Tesla product associated with your account.

Last edited:

bluesolarflare

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
It's worth noting that you can log in and view the support videos and loot box even if you do not yet have a Tesla product associated with your account.
Can confirm I was able to do this up until about 20 minutes ago without a VIN but now I cannot so it appears that may have been a glitch. Sadly I didn't copy down the referral code.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can confirm I was able to do this up until about 20 minutes ago without a VIN but now I cannot so it appears that may have been a glitch. Sadly I didn't copy down the referral code.
Weird, I tried it about 30 minutes ago when I saw your post, and I could still access the loot box at that time, even if I logged out and logged back into the app. But now if I do the same, I get the familiar "no products linked to your account" message on the login screen.

The whole app continues to be super laggy and glitchy in general, though, so who knows what's happening... Wouldn't be shocked to see another build pushed out early next week.

Jay79

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey Guys,

Is anybody else having difficulty logging into the app? I use to be able to view videos as I don't have my car yet but now it just endlessly loads and never signs in. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Rich M

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Screenshot_20180827-150028_Chrome.jpg Just got Tesla app 3.4.4 with "minor improvements and bug fixes" but now have a permanent notification at the top saying "disconnected"

Rich M

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The number flag icon (app icon badge) can be turned off for the Tesla app if you want.
Just swipe down on the notification bar, slowly swipe the Tesla app notification to the left until you see the gear icon, then tap the gear icon.
Turn off the 'app icon badges' to get rid of the '1' over the tesla app icon.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 13756 Just got Tesla app 3.4.4 with "minor improvements and bug fixes" but now have a permanent notification at the top saying "disconnected"

yep, absolutely hate that they don't give you the option in settings to select this notification. it is forced and permanent, the only option if you want rid of it is to go into android notification settings or to long press on the tesla notification and prevent it. It seems like it will only stop these key notifications when I turned it off. need to charge to confirm that i'll still get other wanted notifications like charging being done or updates.

apmowery

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got the app update as well today. Since I'm in my house & close enough to my car my notification doesn't say disconnected, instead it says "connected" & below that gives me 3 quick touch options I can press:
Unlock
Front trunk
Rear trunk

I love this feature - so I can access these without having to open the app each time & wait for it to "wake up" - very convenient when I'm in a hurry to my car & don't want to stand there waiting for the app to wake up the car.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh ****! I didn't even try swiping down on the notification itself.
I tend to load my laptop and lunch bag into the frunk, but always hated having to open the app.
This is practically a key fob now!