Another Charging Pad !!!

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've pondered the Nomad and Jeda but I thought there was a market for a less expensive option with less features. I am looking for feedback on the design and some able bodies for beta testing...

This pad takes a third party wireless charger.

IMG_0198[1].JPG IMG_0199[1].JPG

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Link shown below.

Had to create new profile because I deleted facebook and thus my login.... So anytime I try to post a link, the anti-spam filter kicks me out :) Once I'm no longer a newbie, I'll update the OP.

[mod removed self promotion link per rules]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Moderator removed the link showing the part. Either way, I got my China-man creating the pad using silicon. I’ll reach back to this thread when the prototypes are available. Thanks for being available for testing.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Moderator removed the link showing the part. Either way, I got my China-man creating the pad using silicon. I’ll reach back to this thread when the prototypes are available. Thanks for being available for testing.
the link was removed because self promotion is not permitted. If you would like to become a sponsored vendor and then able to promote your items, please reach out to @TrevP

Rick Steinwand

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd be happy to test the pad as well, but hoping it supports fast charging though.
You're not going to have fast charging when plugged into a 500 ma outlet. Your Tesla is USB 2.0, which not going to support fast charging, PLUS inductive charging slows it down even more. To get fast charging, you'll have to plug into the cigarette lighter outlet with a fast-charging adapter that runs greater than one amp (1000 ma). Fast chargers are typically around 1.5 to 2 amps.

PandaM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve got the rpm Tesla wireless pad. Worked great at first but now I need to remove the phone from its case to get it to charge.

I wouldn’t mind a thinner pad... I was thinking of cutting circles in mine so the phone sits directly on the charger but I don’t trust I can cut a perfect circle freehand.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You're not going to have fast charging when plugged into a 500 ma outlet. Your Tesla is USB 2.0, which not going to support fast charging, PLUS inductive charging slows it down even more. To get fast charging, you'll have to plug into the cigarette lighter outlet with a fast-charging adapter that runs greater than one amp (1000 ma). Fast chargers are typically around 1.5 to 2 amps.
Ah good point Rick. I should have realized the amps on our usb ports wouldn't be strong enough to support fast charging. Wishful thinking on my part i guess.

Rick Steinwand

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ah good point Rick. I should have realized the amps on our usb ports wouldn't be strong enough to support fast charging. Wishful thinking on my part i guess.
Like I said, you can do it, but it requires plugging into the cig. lighter outlet in the console, then run the wires to the charging area.