1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Another crash on Tesla Autopilot, another driver admits to not paying attention, was...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Aug 19, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Aside from the tragic fatal accident in a Tesla Model S on Autopilot in May, almost every driver involved and the subsequent accidents on Autopilot admitted that they were not paying attention or were not ready to take over control at the time of the crash when using Tesla’s advanced driver assist features.

The driver in the recent fender-bender in China admitted that he was looking at his phone during the crash and now we learn of another accident, which happened in Texas earlier this month, and the driver says that he was cleaning his dash during the crash. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. BigBri

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Toronto, Ontario
    Country
    Guh, again. I wish these people would see it as 'using this helps Tesla make an amazing autopilot in the future' and payed more attention. Learning on it to drive the car for you doesn't work as we've seen. You can't clean the dash while its driving.

3. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Staff Member Founder
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Country
    I just want to know where these accidents are being reported to and how they're making their way into the media. Tesla gets waaayyy too much negative press if you ask me. How much longer are we going to have to keep ing about accidents involving Teslas? At what point does the car get boring to the media? When hundreds of thousands of Model 3s are roaming the roads are we still going to get weekly reports of car crashes involving Model 3?

I just keep thinking about when a motorcycle is involved in a crash with a car it's automatically reported "a motorcycle accident" even if the car driver was at fault and the crash involved dozens of other cars....

• Like Like x 1
    • Kizzy

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      California, USA
      I'm just worried that autopilot features will be outlawed because of these high profile crashes and will be unavailable on the Model ≡.

• MelindaV

☰ > 3
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Vancouver, WA
      Country
      of course, because once there are 400k Model ☰s on the road with some form of AP, wrecks will be at an epidemic level endangering all the other millions of vehicles driven by distracted people [/sarcasm]

• Like Like x 1