Any rain guard suggestions?

Country
Country
I did a search and surprisingly didn't see anyone mention this (unless I'm wording it wrong) but this is a bad problem - so when it is raining and I go to say a McDonalds drive-through, rain hits the front windshield off of the McDonalds roof. The wipers (being auto-sensing) turn on and ALL of the water drips/splashes inside of the car if I have my driver side window open (which I need to pay and get my food!). I can't turn off the wipers manually so I'm pretty stuck getting water all of my driver side door. Are there any Model 3 aftermarket rain guards out there to fix this issue? Thanks!

Country
Country
Because the Model 3 wipers are automatic. There is no manual setting for turning them off. Only settings are speeds 1,2,3 & Auto.

Country
Country
Correct, you can turn them off automatic but you can't actually turn the wipers totally off, thus the wipers will still be on in any mode and thus still splash the rain inside the car if the window is open.

Country
Country
Really? Oh I never noticed that.....I just looked at the Model 3 manual and there is a button above the speed setting to turn on/off the wipers (never noticed that). Well if that works then that will be nice, but I'd also like a rain guard solution for the Model 3.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Correct, you can turn them off automatic but you can't actually turn the wipers totally off, thus the wipers will still be on in any mode and thus still splash the rain inside the car if the window is open.
There are the four intermittent settings, as well as the auto setting.
But just above that is the main wiper button. You press that to turn it completely off. If it's blue, it's on, and the intermittent/auto setting takes effect. If it's not blue, then the wipers are completely off.

Ed Woodrick

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, you can turn them off, as folks do in a car wash. And yes, you should turn them off to keep the poor individual at the drive through from getting soaked.

And if you are still having problems. Open door, walk inside and order.

Country
Country
Of course I could walk in and order but you know, it's all about modding the car here (and being lazy) ;P

If anyone does have rain guard suggestions though please post them here as I'd be open to that kind of mod and thank those for pointing out the wiper off button.

Country
Country