Anyone bothered by reflections on the screen?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am bothered by bright reflections of the front and rear right windows on the screen. Any suggestion to improve the situation?

SPIKE's M3AWD

Country
Country
I installed the Tech Armor anti-glare screen protector and i love it. The reflections are gone.
Abstract Ocean also makes one for the M3.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last edited:

roarkrd

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I’ve got the AO matte screen protector, and it does help with the glares, but there are still times where the sun will completely wash out the screen. The worst being in the mornings when I’m backing into my parking space at work. I have to use my arm to block the glare on the screen to see the camera.

SPIKE's M3AWD

Country
Country
I’ve got the AO matte screen protector, and it does help with the glares, but there are still times where the sun will completely wash out the screen. The worst being in the mornings when I’m backing into my parking space at work. I have to use my arm to block the glare on the screen to see the camera.
I do not have that problem with the Tech Armor. You lose some sheen with the matte finish but definitely no wash out under full sun.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As mentioned the AO 9H Matte Glass screen protector is the way to go to solve both the glare AND endless fingerprints! :mad:

The cheaper film/plastic options of matte or "HD" are a PITA to install vs the ridgid 9H glass. Easily the best accessory I've added so far. :)

IMG_0326.JPG

39B3A388-2054-4D90-B89E-A53DF3AFDCB2.jpeg

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sometimes yes. I just ordered the 9H matte glass protector from Abstract Ocean. Hopefully the loss of detail isn’t noticeable.

processengr

Country
Country
I have the plastic Abstract Ocean. Used painters tape to make a strong hinge. Installation was not bad. My 1st time, working alone...about 25 minutes.

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So what do you think about the AO matte protector?
Good quality, I just installed mine last week. It been cloudy here in Michigan so I haven't really put it to the test yet. The loss in sharpness is minimal and appears it will do an excellent job of reducing glare on bright sunny days. I will probably leave it on after I get my car Tinted just because I like having a protective layer on the screen.

Attachments

Last edited:

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agree with Jay. I was worried about clarity, but it is largely unnoticeable. It definitely helps with reflections that happen at those few chances in a day. Definitely get matte

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So what do you think about the AO matte protector?
I've got this protector on first car and like it well enough ordered it for the second car as well. You lose a slight bit of sharpness with any of the matte protectors, but very very little. It hides most all of the fingerprints too. Very nice add on.