Anyone else interested in participating in a Winter Wheel & Tire group buy?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Snow isn't that far away for some of us, so we need to start planning our snow outfit :)

I normally prefer Nokians, on downsized OEM rims, but this combination may not be an option. The Tesla solution is pretty expensive, and I really prefer Nokian

Hopefully we can find a shop interested in selling some sort of Nokian-class tire & 3rd party wheels combo package at a great price to M3OC members.

Anyone else interested?

batzman

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Snow isn't that far away for some of us, so we need to start planning our snow outfit :)

I normally prefer Nokians, on downsized OEM rims, but this combination may not be an option. The Tesla solution is pretty expensive, and I really prefer Nokian

Hopefully we can find a shop interested in selling some sort of Nokian-class tire & 3rd party wheels combo package at a great price to M3OC members.

Anyone else interested?
Count me in, if the deal is right.

Ode to Joy

M3OC Supporting Member
Country
Country

Anyone else interested?
I'm in. Colorado has snow so it is a necessity.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nokians are The. Best.
I plan to pit snow tires on the stock 18" aero rims that come with the car. I'd be interested if I could get tires-only at a compatible size.

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m interested for the right deal.

Edit: too late now.

Last edited:

mlm3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you like Nokian Hakkapeliitta winter tires, looks like they’ve released R3 version this year. This might be why there are some good deals out there on the R2’s. Anyone know if there is a big difference?

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you like Nokian Hakkapeliitta winter tires, looks like they’ve released R3 version this year. This might be why there are some good deals out there on the R2’s. Anyone know if there is a big difference?
Their press release contains the details. Looks like it's more efficient:

The Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 has up to 5% lower rolling resistance than the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2, an efficient roller that was the most fuel-efficient winter tire in comparison tests.

Lighter rolling saves fuel and extends the range of electric vehicles. Compared to similar premium winter tires, cars using the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 consumes 2% less fuel.

I haven't seen the R3s for sale yet. Hopefully pricing & discounts will be the same (but probably not).

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Once people get their hands on the P3D with the red calipers and can find the smallest wheel that will fit over the red calipers, I’m in. lol

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Once people get their hands on the P3D with the red calipers and can find the smallest wheel that will fit over the red calipers, I’m in. lol
The 18" Aeros definitely fit. It was possible to order a Performance car with them.

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The 18" Aeros definitely fit. It was possible to order a Performance car with them.
Not the Performamce upgrade package though with the red calipers. 20” is the only option.

And may I suggest GetYourWheels as a potential sponsor of this deal. :)

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not the Performamce upgrade package though with the red calipers. 20” is the only option.
That's a good point.

Before the configurator was updated to include the lower price and the separate "performance upgrade package", Tesla provided the wheels as a standalone choice. This is what leads me to believe that the 18s will work.

I hope I'm right - I've already bought a set of 18s. :eek:

roguenode

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I”m a big Nokian fan and am interested, but was going to put them on the sport 19’s.

Last edited: