Are YOU a Vegan Tesla owner?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging until FERUARY 1 2019 all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them this code
  • Join @TrevP for Cars and Coffee in South Florida on Feb 3rd! More details here.

Are you a vegan Tesla owner?

• Yes

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters

RoyW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could be a controversial topic. :) So I'm just asking YES or NO?
My answer: YES.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If my seats were leather I’d be equally as happy. Just love the cars!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I mean, I've never *seen* my Tesla eat meat.
My Tesla has been eating a lot of bugs in the last month or so. I feel really bad about this but there's nothing I can do about it. We have minimum speed limits around here so, even if I had all the time in the world, it's not like I could drive everywhere at 8 or 10 mph! I take solace knowing that most of the electricity around here is not derived from dinosaurs. On the other hand, I think a few birds die in wind generators and a few fish die trying to get past the hydro dams so I guess I won't be going to vegan heaven. But that's ok, I understand they have really good ribs in the underworld.:tonguewink:

RoyW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If my seats were leather I’d be equally as happy. Just love the cars!
If this, or any other car maker, offered only leather interiors it would be a deal breaker for me.
Even if the slaughter industries are of no concern (and for most folks they are obviously not - even though they are arguably worse than the petro-industries) then a quick look at the leather tanning industry might convince?

RoyW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Tesla has been eating a lot of bugs in the last month or so. I feel really bad about this but there's nothing I can do about it. We have minimum speed limits around here so, even if I had all the time in the world, it's not like I could drive everywhere at 8 or 10 mph! I take solace knowing that most of the electricity around here is not derived from dinosaurs. On the other hand, I think a few birds die in wind generators and a few fish die trying to get past the hydro dams so I guess I won't be going to vegan heaven. But that's ok, I understand they have really good ribs in the underworld.:tonguewink:
Business opportunity! Invent a pillowy forcefield thing that moves all the bugs and little stones away before they hit! Come on Elon - I know your physics-oriented mind is intrigued already! :)

As far as "vegan heaven" is concerned, I wouldn't worry. I'd worry more about being reincarnated in slaughterhouse hell. Those "good ribs" might be your own, pecked at by... I don't know... chickens? :) As you can see, we vegans are a fun-loving bunch too.

RoyW

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think I am.

I mean, I've never *seen* my Tesla eat meat.
You think right! As long as you're in your Tesla and not eating meat, you and your Tesla are one - one vegan entity.
Once you leave your Tesla, that's probably when your downfall happens. :)

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
PNWmisty, it appears that you may be among the 85% minority(according to the poll).;);)

stuff

Country
Country
>>Are you a vegan Tesla owner?

Technically, I think my Tesla is in a grey zone. Other than the aforementioned bugs on the grill, it hasn't yet gone hunting for flesh. It has, with it's fairly low clearance however, tasted the flesh of other car's kills a few times. And, given that Autopilot seems to have no interest in avoiding future "tasting opportunities" - I'm thinking it might well be developing carnivore tendencies. (Seems particularly interested in Racoon.)

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I don't know how to interpret this question.

* Are you asking about the vehicle or the owner themselves?
* Do people who haven't gotten their cars yet but own TSLA stock ("Tesla owners") count? ;)

plankeye

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm 99.999999% sure he's asking about the owner. All Model 3's are the same (at least up to now) as far as their vegan-ness. They aren't vegan due to their steering wheel cover for one thing. There are also most likely some animal-based adhesives in the car as well. :(

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'm 99.999999% sure he's asking about the owner. All Model 3's are the same (at least up to now) as far as their vegan-ness. They aren't vegan due to their steering wheel cover for one thing. There are also most likely some animal-based adhesives in the car as well. :(
There was at least for a while an "off the menu" vegan steering wheel option.