As I wait...

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was cleaning out my garage last night - organizing before the 3 gets here - I stumble across an old box with an old brochure of my 1st love, (well, actually 2nd love because my 1st love wouldn't let me think of her as 2nd). When I got out of college in '94, as soon as I could, I purchased a black MR2 turbo with T-tops. The fastest car I ever owned. Here are some scans I put together. Take a look at the color options...I wish Tesla use some of those vibrant colors. I also looked up to see what the 0-60 time was and it showed 6.1 seconds. My current i3 0-60 is 6.6 seconds. Once the 3 arrives, it will be the new fastest car I'll ever own. Looking at the brochure brought back many memories of fun times driving along hills and mountain roads in South Carolina (Greenville) and North Carolina (Asheville).

Attachments

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I was cleaning out my garage last night - organizing before the 3 gets here - I stumble across an old box with an old brochure of my 1st love, (well, actually 2nd love because my 1st love wouldn't let me think of her as 2nd). When I got out of college in '94, as soon as I could, I purchased a black MR2 turbo with T-tops. The fastest car I ever owned. Here are some scans I put together. Take a look at the color options...I wish Tesla use some of those vibrant colors. I also looked up to see what the 0-60 time was and it showed 6.1 seconds. My current i3 0-60 is 6.6 seconds. Once the 3 arrives, it will be the new fastest car I'll ever own. Looking at the brochure brought back many memories of fun times driving along hills and mountain roads in South Carolina (Greenville) and North Carolina (Asheville).
I always thought that car had a ton of potential. My sister in law had a first generation MR2. Tons of fun to drive. Kind of died on the vine. Not sure why it wasn't developed further by Toyota.

Dan

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My current “fun” car is a 2004 MR2 that looks better than it did driving off the dealership lot.

I can’t wait to see how fun the 3 is compared to my MR2!
Great looking MR2! After getting married and having a child come along, I sold it to get a family car...I figure one day, I'll be back to the fun...

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I always thought that car had a ton of potential. My sister in law had a first generation MR2. Tons of fun to drive. Kind of died on the vine. Not sure why it wasn't developed further by Toyota.

Dan
I wanted the 1st gen MR2 so badly when I was still in high school...of course, my parents thought I was crazy because no way they were going to give a high-schooler a new two-seater sports car.

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought a brand new 1985 MR2 for $13K at the local Toyota dealer. Loved that car. The first of now what is 4 red cars...I sold the MR2 on eBay in 2000 (75K miles after 15 years) for $3,750 to a gentleman in Texas who flew out and drove her back home...This picture is when she was 15 years old and I was getting ready to sell...

22.jpg

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought a brand new 1985 MR2 for $13K at the local Toyota dealer. Loved that car. The first of now what is 4 red cars...I sold the MR2 on eBay in 2000 (75K miles after 15 years) for $3,750 to a gentleman in Texas who flew out and drove her back home...This picture is when she was 15 years old and I was getting ready to sell...

View attachment 5360
That's the one I fell in love with during high school!

Edit: I'll have to find old pictures of my MR2 - in a shoe box somewhere. Back then, no such thing as digital cameras.

Last edited:

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country

View attachment 5360
That looks EXACTLY like the one my sister in law had!

4 red cars? I assume it's safe to guess which color Model 3 you are going to order? LOL!

Dan