1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & NZ' started by Timmo, Apr 10, 2016.

More threads by Timmo
  1. Timmo

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Sydney
    What systems do you have or planning to install? What were the parameters for your choice?

2. Andreas Stephens

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Sydney Australia
    Got an existing 8 panel PV system on our roof and we also get "100% Green Power" from our electricity distributor.

However, I somehow do not trust their energy accounting and would much prefer a more direct solar energy supply.

Unfortunately, we have no more suitable space on the roof, so I am looking into investing in various "Community Renewable Energy" projects between now and when I take delivery of the Tesla to cover both the actual household consumption as well as future Tesla 3 requirements.

It is surprising but I have not been able to find any reputable "Managed Investment Schemes" type solar farms, where you can buy a few panels within a larger project. I thought by now a Macquarie Bank would have rolled out something like that.

3. Timmo

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Sydney
    I'm in the process of trying to convince the body corporate to install a 55kW system on my apartment block. 20kW for the common areas (lift, ventilation & lights etc.) and 35kW for 24 apartments.

I'm wondering if there is a possibility of getting DC directly into the car?