Auto Hold

• Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wish the car would automatically engage in "HOLD" when the car is stopped. As of now, we would have to apply the brakes twice, once to stop and again to hold.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Once you apply the brakes and the car stops, don't lift your foot or anything, just press down with a slight pressure and it'll engage brake hold right away. It's one motion really.

babula

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Personally I don't think it can get any better, all you have to do is apply a little more pressure on the break pedal.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As others have said, it’s really a single move as you just need more pressure. I wouldn’t want to change it to be automatic in case you didn’t want it to happen for whatever reason.

Say a manual trans car stops next to you on a hill and wants to start rolling back and forth — you show them how cool EVs are by doing the same and the world is rid of another ICE vehicle ;)

babula

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As others have said, it’s really a single move as you just need more pressure. I wouldn’t want to change it to be automatic in case you didn’t want it to happen for whatever reason.

Say a manual trans car stops next to you on a hill and wants to start rolling back and forth — you show them how cool EVs are by doing the same and the world is rid of another ICE vehicle ;)
I actually did this recently and my wife looked at me like I was insane.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is only cool in places with flat ground. West coast, this is called the a pain in the ass part of driving a manual transmission car.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Creep mode disables auto hold. Rightfully so.
If creep mode results in the car going backwards down a hill, I would argue that this is something Tesla should look into fixing. It would be a bit safer to ensure that the car holds in that case.

evannole

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is only cool in places with flat ground. West coast, this is called the a pain in the ass part of driving a manual transmission car.
Not just West Coast... My part of Northwest Metro Atlanta is quite hilly, and I think I made the most use of my hand brake while I lived in Tallahassee, of all places. Most notably, there's a block that's on a 15% grade just east of the state capitol. Not much for the West Coast, but quite something for Florida!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This was my favorite part of owning a stick shift and getting to an offramp red light. :)