1. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Automatic E-Braking is Disabled / Car Needs Service / Steering Assist Reduced

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by Teslaquila, May 7, 2018.

1. Teslaquila

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    yesterday, i started driving and noticed that the regenerative braking wasn't working and the above warnings were cycling through with the orange swerving car icon at the top right was lit (see very crude ig story screenshot).

i drove home very conservatively and just charged it when i got home. this morning, everything was back to normal. i still scheduled an appointment for tomorrow so we shall see what the issue was.

has this happened to anyone else??

Attached Files:

2. Scrutmonkey

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    #2 Scrutmonkey, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    I just got this tonight. Just fro ve home and put in garage and hoping it’ll clear up tomorrow. What firmware are you on? I’m on 18.3 now.

3. Teslaquila

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I’m on 18.3 as well. Did you try doing a hard restart?

If not, hopefully it’s just a bug and clears itself up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scrutmonkey

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    #4 Scrutmonkey, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    I’m hoping. Yup, I did the reboot, nothing.

I’ll plug in “Fluffy” tonight and hope it miraculously Wolverine’s itself by tomorrow morning.

Did you ever go to your appointment and did the errors ever come back then clear again or was it just that one time?

Update 1:
    I plugged in M3 last night to charge and this morning errors are gone. I might have to rename it Logan or Wolverine. So maybe just a bug. I’ll report back if it pops up again.

On a lighter note, my Kagu floor mats came in and they fit very nicely.

Update 2:
    I drove all day yesterday and the error has not reappeared. Hopefully it was just just some sort of re calibration on the systems part from the 18.3 update.

5. telero

Expand Collapse

Country
    Had this same error twice now. Sunday afternoon around 3pm while heading to a friends house, just after taking a left hand turn. Parked there and when we left about an hour and a half later it was back to normal.

Second time was this evening. Similar situation, taking a left hand turn and then noticed there was no regenerative braking, and started getting the error messages. Was close to home this time so went to park and backed in and in the backup camera the steering lines were curved all the way to the right, no matter what direction the steering wheel was turned. Parked and used the menu to power the car off, then turned it back on and the error messages were still there. Used the 2-scroll button reset and the errors cleared upon reboot.

This was with the 18.3 update pending, but not yet installed. Have now installed 18.3, but not driven yet.

6. Scrutmonkey

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I installed and drove maybe 150 miles before I got the "fun" error. I've just driven another 130 and it hasn't come back yet. So that's a plus.

7. Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I had the same experience last night. Backing the car into the garage, got the same set of warnings, and the curved lines on the backup camera that telero saw. This morning, everything was fine. I'm on 18.3, and called tesla today. They promised to pull logs and call me back, but haven't yet.

8. Point 3

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I had this about a month ago. Tried resetting several times with Tesla on the phone and would not clear. It did however clear on its own later that same day.
    They scheduled a service appointment for a week later and when I got there they told me it would need a part which they would order and call me back (I believe they said it was a sensor in the steering wheel)

Still haven’t heard back from them and the error has never returned.