AWD Vin & Delivery updates (Non Performance)

• Please keep posts on topic and refrain from short messages. Thanks!
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I should receive my car on the next 3 weeks and I just Ask my IDA to add your referal code to my order. It seems to be no problem to do it.
I tried to add a referral code via email and was informed today that they are only doing them for orders placed after 8/1. Seems lame to penalize us poor June / July orders that still don’t have cars.

GateFather

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Wowow! I can't believe it happened that fast. Still some things to get through, but we have a scheduled delivery appointment for this Friday at 4:30pm. We were originally slated for the 2 hour "white glove home delivery", but I told him we'd rather give that slot to someone who might need more of a white glove service. We've spent 2 days in a PM3, so we don't need anything more than good lighting and a little time to inspect Wattson. The service center worked better for that, and they also had more time slots to choose from.

We are trading in our 2014 Chevy Volt and also are applying for financing through Tesla (though we're already approved through our own bank), so we'll see if all of this can get done and be ready for Friday!

Wow!!! Now I REALLY won't be able to sleep.
Awesome! From what I've seen over the last week and various folks I've chatted with, it looks like somewhat of a squeeky wheel gets the oil situation. I called and had my delivery date and trade in info filled in within a day. Called again to give CarMax info and had that applied within minutes. I'd recommend all of those with orders to call your closest Tesla SC and get on the phone with a delivery adviser asap! Congrats man! I'm still holding out hope that my M3 LR AWD arrives ahead of the 12/3 appointment since I've completed all of the online steps.

may it be your vin is 132,xxx ?
while Tesla does not do VINs in order, recent ones have mostly been 90k-150k. 32k VINs were popular early summer and prior to Dual motor models were being built (starting with 47,880).
Wow! Look at me being dumb. You're 100% right and my vin is 132,xxx. Apologies to @HappyBilbobob. Here I was questioning your info when it was my own that was wrong. Anyways not super important in the grand scheme of things but the analysis you posted @MelindaV was interesting to take a look at. Thanks for that!

Marzin

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey everyone, new to the forum.
1st day reservation holder
Configured my blue, black interior, LR, AWD, 18” Aero Model 3 on September 2nd.
Got my VIN 105XXX on 10/30, for a delivery on 11/7
Everything in place, although took three weeks to get my trade in value.

Got a call 39 minutes before my delivery, it needs to be moved to later in the week.
Now picking up on Friday in Dedham.

Figured a delay would happen based upon so many other experiences, but man, what a let down.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey everyone, new to the forum.
1st day reservation holder
Configured my blue, black interior, LR, AWD, 18” Aero Model 3 on September 2nd.
Got my VIN 105XXX on 10/30, for a delivery on 11/7
Everything in place, although took three weeks to get my trade in value.
Got a call 39 minutes before my delivery, it needs to be moved to later in the week.
Now picking up on Friday in Dedham.
Figured a delay would happen based upon so many other experiences, but man, what a let down.
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear your delivery was delayed at the last minute... it seems like a lot of other folks scheduled for delivery at Dedham this weeks are in the same boat. As I'm sure you've read numerous times, though, any worry that you feel now will be gone the moment you get behind the wheel. :)

BTW, check out the Boston / Massachusetts thread if you haven't already... Lots of us locals have logged our own pre-delivery and delivery experiences at Dedham there. On the whole, the delivery staff at Dedham does a great job and is easy to work with.

Bigriver

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Scheduled for delivery on 11/26 but just got call that it is on a truck arriving today!!! Was offered to get it as soon as tomorrow, but have to get a few ducks in a row first, so scheduled for Saturday. Can’t wait!!!

yelellav

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I have been following/stalking this forum since I configured on 10/23. Radio silence from Tesla the entire time, so I decided to call the 888 # today. I was told that a VIN has been assigned as well as a Delivery Advisor, although I still have not heard from this person. I will give it a couple of days and see if they reach out. For those in my boat who have not heard anything, you may want to call in. Now I at least know there is some movement and can stop stressing so much ;)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Couldn’t take the radio silence so I called Eden Prairie (the delivery location 4 hours away) was told my car is being delivered there tomorrow. She was able to give me my VIN. MSM, Black interior, LR, AWD, EAP, 19” wheels, 132,XXX. My original delivery date was 11/14, I asked if I could come get it sooner and she said sure - she made it sound like they weren’t really slammed with deliveries...... She was patient and helpful, admitted to the discombobulated delivery process and got my account fixed up....

But hasn’t responded to my email (sent shortly after receiving her email containing the VIN) to coordinate the delivery time Saturday.

Hit and miss they are.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone know if you are supposed to contact the service center or delivery advisor with any issues from a home delivery? I believe you have 3 days to report

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update: Ordered 10/18
Got VIN: 120XXX
Deliver 11/20

It looks like there is not a ton of coordination between order date and delivery. Some who ordered earlier and still waiting and those who just ordered are getting cars?
California orders coming getting to dealership's before us Mid west folks... ;-)

kkainth

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Today is day 950 for me and I was just notified my vehicle was delayed again out of Mt. Kisco
Annoyingly my car has been delayed too. Did you get the same response of "the car being on a train stuck in Chicago?" I was ordered in August, and they wanted to deliver at the end of Sept (For the Q3 push), and then again mid Oct. Both of which I could not do. I wanted delivery at the end of October, and right now they're hoping to have it before Thanksgiving....