1. We're hard at work on a software upgrade which will likely take place around the first weekend of October. We'll keep you posted and thanks for the support!

Best roof/windshield shade?

Discussion in 'Customizing & Modifications' started by jsanford, May 23, 2018.

1. jsanford

Eloise the 3
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Today Eloise went to work. I didn’t park in the shade, and a couple of hours before leaving, checked the app to find it was 147 degrees in there.

Anyone recommend a sun shade that helps at all for long time parking? I cooled her off with the A/C before heading home (took about 10 minutes, perhaps less).

2. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    What software version are you on? Cabin overheat protection is imminent.

3. Quicksilver

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    This is what I got for the windshield and it works great!: https://evtuningsolutions.com/products/tesla-model-3-ultimate-reflector

I also have this roof shade that I bought from Tesla but I've never used it since the factory tint works great as is.
    https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/model-3-front-glass-roof-sunshade.html

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jartinez77

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    Definitely agree with the EV Tuning Solutions windshield shade. Perfect fit, and it folds neatly into its own carrying case.

• Like Like x 1
  5. UTexas98

Expand Collapse

Country
    @Jartinez77, where do you put it when not in use? I'm used to using the circular shades that fold up and slide between the seat and center console.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Jartinez77

Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    It fits in the wedge between the seat and the console

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. PaulK

Expand Collapse

Country
    Have you had any issues with scratching or scuffing the dashboard as you install or remove that folding "Ultimate Reflector" shade?

Paul

8. 3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    I have one and no issues scuffing at all. I lay it on top of the center screen to fold/unfold it and that works well. I also have the Tesla roof shade but by far the best heat protection was doing the windshield in 3M Crystalline. Most days I really don't need the sunshade or roof shade and I'm in Southern AZ so there are not too many places hotter.

9. Quicksilver

M3OC Supporting Member
    M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I agree with @3V Pilot. I've used on numerous occasions and no issues. I too rest the shade on top of the center screen as I unfold it. I also slowly and gently move the whole shade into position and toward the front edge of the windshield. Note that the whole front area below the front edge of the windshield is made of speaker grill cover material and it does give or move a little bit as you touch it so that is why I take it slow. The fit is good overall.

Note that others sell a roll up shade instead of a folding shade but my own experience with those is that they tend to curve a bit so I would have to reverse roll them to straighten them out. They do work but I like the folding type more...just personal preference.

• Like Like x 1
Model 3 Owners Club © 2018. All rights reserved.
Model 3 Owners Club (M3OC) is an enthusiast club and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or the Tesla Motors Club Forum (TMC).
All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.