Best Setup for a Model 3 at Car Show

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will be participating in an EV car show next weekend, (Annual EV event SHREWSBURY, MA JULY 21), and was interested in the best way to setup the Model 3 for viewing. Should I place the Model 3 in Valet mode? Should I setup a separate driver profile? Should I turnoff Bluetooth on my phone and use a key card? I am concerned that my driver profile my get modified by some one during the show. Thoughts?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Valet mode. All of your private info is not viewable and stored settings can’t be changed. I believe phone key should still work in valet mode. If you want to show off the frunk which is disabled in valet mode, open it first or use the phone to open.

John Slaby

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will be participating in an EV car show next weekend, (Annual EV event SHREWSBURY, MA JULY 21), and was interested in the best way to setup the Model 3 for viewing. Should I place the Model 3 in Valet mode? Should I setup a separate driver profile? Should I turnoff Bluetooth on my phone and use a key card? I am concerned that my driver profile my get modified by some one during the show. Thoughts?
I'll be there, too. See you then. :)

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would have it setup in a 'display only' mode, Valet mode and keycard access (so no phone).

Pre-open the trunk and frunk, that way people can look, touch and sit without issues to your profile or the car.

PNWmisty

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I would create a new Driver Profile so they won't change any of the settings associated with your profile. After the show it will take all of 5 or 6 minutes to run through the settings and make sure they are where you want them. If the car is in Valet Mode the car is half disabled and won't provide the same experience. I would make sure no one could accidentally drive it away or run over someone since your phone was nearby. I think you need to disable "Phone as Key".

I would be more worried about whether someone had grease, milkshake, melted chocolate, etc. than they might change a setting. So I assume someone will be monitoring the guests to some degree.