Bitcoins

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

PatrickM

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
or unless you would have gotten a measly $200 worth of bitcoin back then (kicking myself)
I mined bitcoins for several years back in 2011-2012 or so and sold them more or less immediately. When I look back at my wallet and look at all the ones I sold - as I recall for around $10-20 or so, it's all a bit depressing. But almost as bad, I remember selling mining and selling literally hundreds of litecoins for something like $0.15-20/each (they are approaching $100/each now. :| ) In hindsight, I was stupid. But at the time, it was like $100/month of "free" money and I'd have never guessed it was ever going to be worth all that much.

Last edited:

McHoffa

Country
Country
I mined bitcoins for several years back in 2011-2012 or so and sold them more or less immediately. When I look back at my wallet and look at all the ones I sold - as I recall for around $10-20 or so, it's all a bit depressing. But almost as bad, I remember selling mining and selling literally hundreds of litecoins for something like $0.15-20/each (they are approaching $100/each now. :| ) In hindsight, I was stupid. But at the time, it was like $100/month of "free" money and I'd have never guessed it was ever going to be worth all that much.
I thought it was pointless... then a couple years later bitcoin was $400 (had just dropped from $700) and I thought, yeah, it hit a bubble and burst and now it's not going to go anywhere.

If I'd put my $1000 Model 3 reservation into Ethereum in April 2016 I'd have $47k now

Country
Country
Bought a few bitcoin in light of a possible global financial meltdown within the next year. If the dollar loses its value then maybe smart money would have already been invested in Bitcoin. SHTF diversification strategy.