Bought a used Model X instead

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

More Amps

Country
Country
6CD60312-9395-49F9-B7D3-AAB4AD475905.jpeg

I received another delivery delay on the model 3. I started looking at used Model X’s and found a great deal on a 2016 75D with a build date of 12/30/2016. Has all the 2017 hardware and was only a little more expensive than the 3 would be since I bought private party with no sales tax (in my state). Car has every option with the exception of larger wheels and cold weather package.

I’m still debating on what to do with my Model 3 reservation. I may change it to the base version.

I haven’t had a chance to drive a Model 3, but I can tell you the model X is impressive.

TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Congrats! For some of us, the Model 3 timing just didn't work for our needs. I still have my reservation but yes, the X is quite the car

More Amps

Country
Country
Thank you. Congrats on yours too. I’m a Day one reservation holder on the 3, but like you I’m in a snowy part of the world. The all wheel drive and many more functions made the X impossible to pass on.

More Amps

Country
Country
Unfortunately, the X depreciared quite a bit. I paid less than 2/3’s what the original owner paid one year ago. If you don’t need to have a new car then a used X may be doable.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Unfortunately, the X depreciared quite a bit. I paid less than 2/3’s what the original owner paid one year ago. If you don’t need to have a new car then a used X may be doable.
75D’s range didn’t make it a practical choice for me but glad it works for you. I was so tempted to pull the trigger on a CPO instead of the 3 but the 3’s next gen tech swayed me over.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
View attachment 5958

I received another delivery delay on the model 3. I started looking at used Model X’s and found a great deal on a 2016 75D with a build date of 12/30/2016. Has all the 2017 hardware and was only a little more expensive than the 3 would be since I bought private party with no sales tax (in my state). Car has every option with the exception of larger wheels and cold weather package.

I’m still debating on what to do with my Model 3 reservation. I may change it to the base version.

I haven’t had a chance to drive a Model 3, but I can tell you the model X is impressive.
Congrats! The X is a great car. Make sure you ask the service center if your car has been uncorked yet. The difference is VERY noticeable....and free

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
It would definitely have to be a used model x. I can't yet afford a new one.
It would also need to be a 90D or above.
Agree... yet they are even more rare here in Europe than the S... for a bit large for lots of our city driving and grocery stores parking lots... :(

Ormond

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
My Model X lease is ending near the end of the year, and I may switch to a Model 3 to save money. However, I like having the instrument panel and the center screen. I'm also accustomed to the ride height now.

It's really tough giving up some features. I haven't been in a Model 3 yet. I only see two in town. I guess I need to hang out at the local superchargers.

RICK M

View attachment 5958

RICK M

Congratulations. The X is an awesome vehicle. I canceled my Model 3 reservation after watching the price rise, and more importantly all of the issues with the quality. I am close to purchasing a used Model S 85D with all the bells and whistles for less than the Model 3, and free supercharging for life.