Brake and washer fluid alerts for 30 seconds

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I saw this mentioned a few times on the Tesla Motor Club, but thought I'd document it here as well. After starting up, my vehicle displays the brake fluid warning icon as well as an alert about the windshield washer fluid. The icons appear for about 30 seconds after starting up and then disappear on their own. I've only had the car for a few days so I figure these fluids aren't really low. Other owners report that topping off the washer fluid doesn't eliminate the problem.

Anyone else having such issues? I submitted a bug report about the issue and am planning a call to Tesla Service next.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I saw this mentioned a few times on the Tesla Motor Club, but thought I'd document it here as well. After starting up, my vehicle displays the brake fluid warning icon as well as an alert about the windshield washer fluid. The icons appear for about 30 seconds after starting up and then disappear on their own. I've only had the car for a few days so I figure these fluids aren't really low. Other owners report that topping off the washer fluid doesn't eliminate the problem.

Anyone else having such issues? I submitted a bug report about the issue and am planning a call to Tesla Service next.
I haven’t had those specific error messages, but did have some odd ones about “power reduced” the last half of June. The double scroll wheel reset seems to have worked like a charm though as I’ve not had them since. If you haven’t tried that, I’d start with that and see what happens...but then definitely contact Tesla Service if they persist. I was told it’s the first thing Tesla Service will ask you...did you try a reset. It’s like your internet provider and modems! “Did you try unplugging it?” Nope, I sat here yelling obscenities at it expecting that to fix it!!! ;)

96s46p

Country
Country
I saw the wiper fluid alert one time while parked and checked the reservoir, it was completely full. It hasn't reappeared yet.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've never had any icon stay on after the initial check when starting the car. Thanks for posting the info though because I don't stalk the other forums like I do here and it's nice to have all the info. Please let us know if the reset resolves the issue or if you need to get it serviced.

CHRIS408

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went to Tesla’s service today, there was another model 3 there happened to have the same problem. The service manager told me it’s a firmware issue, Tesla engineer is working on it and it can be updated over the air once it’s ready. Apparently this is a known issue, there were report and articles written about this issue.

rrmies

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Good to know, I have had the car for 4 days and had issue two-three times. Went away within 30 seconds so. One of those times, the headlight indicator was on as well, even though lights were not on. That’s when I figured it was some type of start up glitch.

jpbroad

Country
Country

Same problem here. I've had the car for about 10 days. 1100 miles. Topped off the washer fluid, can still see it is up to the first bend in the neck... no change in the warning lights.
They are not consistent, but they happen often enough to be annoying.
Firmware 2018.24.1

-John Paul-

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same problem here. I called Tesla service to ask about it, and they told me to reboot the car (not the MCU, the car) by selecting power off from the menu, waiting a minute, and then restarting by putting my foot on the brake. This procedure does make the alerts go away...until they inevitably return.

mtndrew1

Country
Country
My car spent 40 days at the service center while they figured this out. The condition has been present for my car since April 20th when I took delivery.

They replaced a half dozen components before determining it was firmware. I think I was the guinea pig for everyone else. Very frustrating but it’s been oddly comforting to see others with the same issue so I know I don’t have some unique defect.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
picked up my car 4 days ago and today got the washer fluid alert. Won't take it in for this and hope it's fixed soon!

antiflash

Country
Country
Same issue here. Took delivery July 19th and have had the issue pop up 3 times. bought washer fluid only to find that it was full. A local friend has the same issue...she took delivery at the end of June.

ZaelFaroe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am also seeing this. When I first turn on the car they tend to stay there for 30 seconds to a minute. Based on the report of a firmware issue on this thread, I'm ignoring for now because they always go away after about a minute.

mdfraz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same here. Picked up on 7/21 and I've seen these lights come on roughly 50% of the time. Local Tesla personnel pushed 24.8 to me (picked it up with 24.7) and asked if that fixed it; doesn't appear to have done the trick yet. I'm also not concerned that there is any real issue based on comments here and assurance from a Tesla service tech I talked to. Hoping for a firmware fix soon, though.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey all - Tesla service gave me the typical response, that a firmware update will fix this issue. I'm optimistic that that's the case. Have any of you gotten the 26.1 update? I don't see any mention of 26.1 fixing these "lights", but I'm interested if it resolved it for any of you.