1. It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

"bug report" issues

Discussion in 'Software and Firmware' started by JMZ, Jul 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JMZ

JMZ
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Hello, all ...

I tried submitting a bug report today, but it didn't act as I anticipated:

1. I pressed the voice button (right center button on steering wheel)
    2. I said "bug report" and started describing the issue, and what I was saying started appearing on the display.
    3. After a few seconds, though, and while I was still speaking, it displayed a message thanking me for my feedback. I didn't even get to fully describe the issue. In the 4-5 seconds it was listening to me, I didn't even get to basically describe it.

My M3 is still running 2018.18.13 *sigh*, so i'm wondering: Do later versions do this any better? How does one submit a bug report when the in-car system doesn't work?

Regards,

John

2. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    Same experience here on 21.9 — you don’t get enough time to describe the issue.

3. Lovesword

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I always thought that what it does is take a "capture" of the system, the screens, the status of the car, etc. and sends that data. I wasn't aware I could describe the bug in detail. Does one have to depress and then HOLD the right scroll wheel and continue to hold it after saying "bug report?"

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. JMZ

JMZ
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    The instructions given, though, are to describe the issue after saying "bug report". Holding the button doesn't provide any more time past the 5 seconds or so given, 5 seconds is often nowhere near long enough to do describe the issue, and while a capture of system state / logs / etc. can provide context wrt the actual issue, it can't specify what the actual issue the user experienced was.

Regards,

John

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. MrMatt

M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    FYI I talked to my Mobile Service Coordinator about this and he said that its "great" that I'm using that, but recommended I also keep track of the date/time in a notebook (paper?! so 2000) so when I call in I can refer to each.

He said that the "bug report" audio clips sometimes go into a void......