"bug report" issues

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

JMZ

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello, all ...

I tried submitting a bug report today, but it didn't act as I anticipated:

1. I pressed the voice button (right center button on steering wheel)
2. I said "bug report" and started describing the issue, and what I was saying started appearing on the display.
3. After a few seconds, though, and while I was still speaking, it displayed a message thanking me for my feedback. I didn't even get to fully describe the issue. In the 4-5 seconds it was listening to me, I didn't even get to basically describe it.

My M3 is still running 2018.18.13 *sigh*, so i'm wondering: Do later versions do this any better? How does one submit a bug report when the in-car system doesn't work?

Regards,

John

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same experience here on 21.9 — you don’t get enough time to describe the issue.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I always thought that what it does is take a "capture" of the system, the screens, the status of the car, etc. and sends that data. I wasn't aware I could describe the bug in detail. Does one have to depress and then HOLD the right scroll wheel and continue to hold it after saying "bug report?"

JMZ

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I always thought that what it does is take a "capture" of the system, the screens, the status of the car, etc. and sends that data. I wasn't aware I could describe the bug in detail. Does one have to depress and then HOLD the right scroll wheel and continue to hold it after saying "bug report?"
The instructions given, though, are to describe the issue after saying "bug report". Holding the button doesn't provide any more time past the 5 seconds or so given, 5 seconds is often nowhere near long enough to do describe the issue, and while a capture of system state / logs / etc. can provide context wrt the actual issue, it can't specify what the actual issue the user experienced was.

Regards,

John

MrMatt

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FYI I talked to my Mobile Service Coordinator about this and he said that its "great" that I'm using that, but recommended I also keep track of the date/time in a notebook (paper?! so 2000) so when I call in I can refer to each.

He said that the "bug report" audio clips sometimes go into a void......