1. Tesla Model 3 apparel now available!

Dismiss Notice

Buyers turn to Tesla Model 3 after Nissan shuts down massive LEAF group buy effort with...

Discussion in 'News from Electrek.co' started by RSSFeed, Aug 24, 2016.

More threads by RSSFeed
  1. RSSFeed

M3OC RSS Bot
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Earlier this month, we reported on an impressive group buy effort in Montreal that was likely going to result in Nissan’s biggest LEAF sale ever with over 2,500 people signed up. At the time, the LEAF owner behind the effort, Bruno Marcoux, told us that he was in negotiation with executives at Nissan Canada and he was hopeful they could bring the price down to $20,000 CAD.

Since our report, the number of people who signed up for the group buy increased to 3,700, but in an unbelievable turn of event, Nissan Canada’s president shuts down the effort, making the potential customers furious. more…

Filed under: Uncategorized [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. Blackout

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Toronto, ON
    Country
    Loooll... I wonder if they'll try to regroup to get a cheaper price when buying a model 3?...

They thing is the Leaf is worth about 20k i mean of course they'll charge more...but when you compare it with Tesla's performance it just doesn't justify the current asking price and 20K is understandable ...But a model 3 is worth at least 35K (US)...so would they regroup to get it cheaper?
    if I was Tesla I would also refuse them, then what ? would they just pay the fair price like everyone else in Canada or would they just separate?

3. TrevP

M3OC Founder / Administrator
    Staff Member Founder
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Aurora,Ontario
    Country
    Tesla won't be messing with car group buys. They prices are set in stone, period. The best you might get is a HPWC thrown into the deal for 10 or more cars.

The one thing I have yet to get confirmed by Tesla is if the Model 3 will skirt the 6.1% import NAFTA duty we have to pay on Model S on account of the foreign content (battery cells) now that the cells will be made in the US at the Gigafactory. Estimates on Model 3 production range from 70 to 90% made in the US which is unheard of in the industry in decades since most car manufacturing is largely outsourced now.

4. BigBri

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Toronto, Ontario
    Country
    Pretty much shows how serious Nissan is about EVs. They could've tried to negotiate even a small discount for the group and get the cars on the road instead of flat out saying no. I don't get why they did a group sale to one group but not another.

• Like Like x 1
    • garsh

Dis Member
      Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
      Pittsburgh PA
      Country
      I'm sure that Elon will be willing to offer them the family discount.

• Funny Funny x 1