Callers can't hear me when I walk up to car

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Drhalo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am noticing if I am on a call on my iPhone 10, and I walk to the car and the bluetooth picks up, callers cannot hear me at all. I can still hear the callers. Muting/unmuting doesn’t help, going from bluetooth to speaker to bluetooth again doesn’t help. Only if I hang up and re-initiate the call does it work again.
Anyone else having this problem?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I trust you get into the car too? The microphone is fairly directional, probably won't work too well unless you're sitting in the driver's seat. Just a guess, I haven't done the experiment.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am experiencing the same problem, but only recently. I have to check and see if there has been a small update pushed to my vehicle since receiving 42.2 that didn't require confirmation.

Drhalo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I trust you get into the car too? The microphone is fairly directional, probably won't work too well unless you're sitting in the driver's seat. Just a guess, I haven't done the experiment.
Yes definitely getting in the car.

iKent

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
iPhone XS Max with the same issue. It does seem a bit intermittent though. Sometimes it will connect fine and I will be heard. Other times no matter what I do the only way to resolve it is to disconnect and reconnect the call.

Doug Joubert

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have had issues with the microphone not hearing me when I make calls, but especially when I ask for directions. I believe it's a mic issue (and an LTE issue).

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same issue on an iPhone XS with firmware 46.2. The call switches to bluetooth and I can hear the call through the speakers but they cannot hear me.
Muting and unmute does not do anything. Changing the phone audio to speaker and back to bluetooth also does not help.

My only workaround is to end the call and redial.