Cannot configure WiFi

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Ferd Ball

Country
Country
Every time I try to configure WiFi, I get an error.

I tried on 34.1 and 36.2.
I tried on my Netgear and with my mesh (Plume).

Error: Could not join <network>. Please check the password.

I’ve even tried to entered the network in manually. No dice.

Any suggestions?

Dr. J

Private
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It sounds like you're doing it right. I'm going to have to do this soon. From the owner's manual:
upload_2018-10-5_22-24-10.png

ER1C8

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Be careful when entering passwords, the keyboard always displays capital letters but they are lowercase unless the shift key is highlighted. Could this be the problem? I had to enter my WiFi password more then once and I think this was my issue.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I had to manually enter my network several times before it stuck (it worked a couple of times before it decided there was an error). It seems really hesitant to join networks with poor signal strength, but some getting it to connect a few times got it automatically picking it up everytime I park in my driveway.

stuff

Country
Country
Every time I try to configure WiFi, I get an error.

I tried on 34.1 and 36.2.
I tried on my Netgear and with my mesh (Plume).

Error: Could not join <network>. Please check the password.

I’ve even tried to entered the network in manually. No dice.

Any suggestions?
Verify that you have 'Broadcast SSID' Turned on at the router.

mishakim

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Did you ever get it connected? I also have a Plume mesh, which I just extended to the garage (didn't have power out there till this week), and the car won't connect, but I'm not even getting an error, it just spins and then stops as if nothing happened. It did connect to the mesh from the house once in the past (which is when it got v9), but hasn't connected at all in the past month.