Carbon Fiber Matte or Glossy?

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

Ronnie

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hey! I'm looking at getting a spoiler for my M3 and MS from RPM Tesla and I can't choose between Matte or Glossy? Wanted to get the forums opinion, on which one you prefer. I am also going to change my interior to carbon fiber also. if you already bought one through them any insight would be helpful! :)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey! I'm looking at getting a spoiler for my M3 and MS from RPM Tesla and I can't choose between Matte or Glossy? Wanted to get the forums opinion, on which one you prefer. I am also going to change my interior to carbon fiber also. if you already bought one through them any insight would be helpful! :)

What color is your Model 3?

As for the interior make sure it’s not glossy!!

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Personally, I prefer the glossy. The Performance model's spoiler is matte, so I went with matte mirror covers to match. Gloss gives a similar sheen to your paint for some added continuity. Are the OEM Model S spoilers matte or gloss?

For the interior, because the dash material is matte by nature, I think that gloss makes a good difference since it is black next to other black material. Matte interior CF will completely blend in and look drab.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Personally, I prefer the glossy. The Performance model's spoiler is matte, so I went with matte mirror covers to match. Gloss gives a similar sheen to your paint for some added continuity. Are the OEM Model S spoilers matte or gloss?

For the interior, because the dash material is matte by nature, I think that gloss makes a good difference since it is black next to other black material. Matte interior CF will completely blend in and look drab.
If you go with a gloss finish to replace the wood trim the sun glare will be terrible.

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
3F938C71-32CB-476B-A450-21AF7E8065C8.jpeg
If you go with a gloss finish to replace the wood trim the sun glare will be terrible.
Funny thing is that isn’t what people who own it are saying. You could always put stealth wrap on it after. My mirror caps came in today, and they are gorgeous. For interior trim, I’d still rather have gloss. Either are beautiful. Choose what you want. How awesome that they offer options!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 14217

Funny thing is that isn’t what people who own it are saying. You could always put stealth wrap on it after. My mirror caps came in today, and they are gorgeous. For interior trim, I’d still rather have gloss. Either are beautiful. Choose what you want. How awesome that they offer options!
The only experience I have is the vinyl, but the glare was horrible. If the glossy “real” stuff doesn’t have a glare issue I’d be surprised but cool if that’s the case.

With the trim going straight across and being right in your line of sight without a binnacle it’s a gamble to put something glossy there in my opinion.

jay2

Country
Country
The only experience I have is the vinyl, but the glare was horrible. If the glossy “real” stuff doesn’t have a glare issue I’d be surprised but cool if that’s the case.

With the trim going straight across and being right in your line of sight without a binnacle it’s a gamble to put something glossy there in my opinion.
you can always wear sunglasses

JohnTc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got glossy spoiler and side mirrors for my white Model 3 since its easier to maintain and pops more.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
RPM Tesla now has matte CF dashboard available if it interests you. I personally like the glossy spoiler as it pops more especially with the pearl white. I agree with JohnTc.

Though, do you guys think its weird if you mix and match matte and glossy CF? Say Glossy CF exterior with Matte CF interior? Should it be all the same?

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
RPM Tesla now has matte CF dashboard available if it interests you. I personally like the glossy spoiler as it pops more especially with the pearl white. I agree with JohnTc.

Though, do you guys think its weird if you mix and match matte and glossy CF? Say Glossy CF exterior with Matte CF interior? Should it be all the same?
@OutofThyme
I personally think it looks off with mismatch gloss and matte, even if one is exterior and one is interior. I’m all for the gloss unless you have a matte wrap. I am concerned about potential glare off the gloss dash. Hope owners who have this carbon fiber gloss dash piece can chime in on whether it’s a problem.

ninjarice

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@OutofThyme
I personally think it looks off with mismatch gloss and matte, even if one is exterior and one is interior. I’m all for the gloss unless you have a matte wrap. I am concerned about potential glare off the gloss dash. Hope owners who have this carbon fiber gloss dash piece can chime in on whether it’s a problem.
Agreed. Stay Consistent with CF glossy/matte