Cargo hooks

scott franco

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Ok, so the back has NO FREAKING CARGO HOOKS AT ALL. I carry a folding bike in back (always). I don't like it slamming around back there (usually when demoing a tear out in the car). My Spark has cargo hooks for goodness sake!

Points I have found for others with this issue:

1. The rear hatch latch can be hooked to, and the door still closes.

2. The baby seat anchors at the top of the back seats is designed to attach to from inside the car, but can be used inside the trunk if you attach a hardware store hook like a carbiner underneath.

3. (real paydirt) I found 4 interesting fairly thick square hooks under the seat backs at the bottom. These can have a strap run through them into the trunk and won't show from the passenger compartment.

This is something Tesla should add, I think.

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
3. (real paydirt) I found 4 interesting fairly thick square hooks under the seat backs at the bottom. These can have a strap run through them into the trunk and won't show from the passenger compartment.
Those are also part of the LATCH system.

scott franco

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Those are also part of the LATCH system.

Thanks for the explanation. So its a little tricky to thread those with a cargo strap back into the trunk, but doable. I suppose I should try installing real cargo hooks, but I don't want to take a drill to my new car :-(

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Haven't gotten anchors installed yet in the trunk, but here's what I've been doing in the meantime