Carseat triggers rear seatbelt warning

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Country
Country
I have an infant car seat installed using the latch system and I keep getting rear seatbelt warning - anyone know a fix to disable the alert that is safe?

telero

Country
Country
There is only an upper/side curtain airbag in the back, and if it were to deploy, would do so regardless of seat belts or occupancy in the back.

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok - but does having the seat belt connect change the logic for deploying airbags?
That is typically only for the front seat passenger air bag. Seat belt or certain amount of weight in the seat will enable the airbag.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah I connected the seatbelt running the strap behind both car seats.

JOUL3S

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now that I've gotten around to installing child seats for the kids ... yes this is annoying. I'll try fastening the seat belt tomorrow. But it really should detect if the latch is connected and suppress the warning!

Sumiguchi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe try re-installing it? I have a car seat in the back but it only triggers the warning if my child is IN the seat... The empty seat doesn't.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe try re-installing it? I have a car seat in the back but it only triggers the warning if my child is IN the seat... The empty seat doesn't.
Does your car seat have any play at all? With as tight as I connect my car seat it was an automatic trigger for the seatbelt warning. I just ran the seat belt behind it and connected it though so not a big deal.

MrMatt

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a slightly different issue, seeking feedback:

My 7yo son uses a booster with the normal belt. But the way the M3 seats are designed, the booster sits too close to/on the right-side buckle so he always uses the center buckle (which has a lot more play). Every week or so, i'll get a warning that his belt isn't buckled. We do nothing and it clears, but what is it using to determine that it's occupied? I would expect it to be more consistent....

Sumiguchi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does your car seat have any play at all? With as tight as I connect my car seat it was an automatic trigger for the seatbelt warning. I just ran the seat belt behind it and connected it though so not a big deal.
Checked and mine is in there as tight as I can get it... strange but glad I don’t have that issue cause my little one is too big for the harness and we use the seatbelt.

Spiffywerks

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I actually ran into an issue on 4th of july. I folded the drivers side rear down and put an easy up in the back through the pass through. Because of the weight, I kept getting a warning on no buckle of the middle rear.

Would be nice to have an option to turn the sensor off.