center cap removal on 19 inch wheels

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

troyboy

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Wondering if anyone is doing this? There’s a lot being said about the aero wheels, but imo the 19 inch wheels look much better without the black center cap piece. The only thing I’ve seen so far is this guy () who also powder coated his wheels. Not sure how difficult it is to remove...

troyboy

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Just realized that the center cap is black on the 19’s. Anyone know if its possible to order silver center caps for the 19’s?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You get a small tool in the glovebox that is used to pull off that black center piece
Anyone know where this small tool is and what it looks like. I looked in my glovebox and do not see anything in there that resembles a tool, which is a problem if I ever need to get this taken off to remove a wheel/replace a tire.

Scrutmonkey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was specifically talking about the sport wheels. But after talking with Tesla today, I found that in fact, there is no problem with just pulling them off with your hands. No special tool needed for removal of the center cap.

TheMagician

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If I didn’t want to use the Lug nut covers, where would I pick up satin black color lug nuts?
Not sure what the one reviewer was trying to say but these do fit the 19” wheels (& probably the other sizes too if they’re using 27mm width lug nuts). The standard McGard nuts are too narrow at 20mm but these “bulged” nuts are 26mm vs. 27mm for the Tesla nuts. This is what I’m using on my powder coated wheels.