Center console cavern organizer?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I did a search here and the various Model 3 aftermarket seller sites and can't find what I'm looking for (other than on ThingVerse). Surely someone must be selling an organizer, or tray, or something for the cavern that is the center console - the area under the phone shelf.

Anyone have any good leads?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I did a search here and the various Model 3 aftermarket seller sites and can't find what I'm looking for (other than on ThingVerse). Surely someone must be selling an organizer, or tray, or something for the cavern that is the center console - the area under the phone shelf.

Anyone have any good leads?
There is a very lengthy thread in the for sale section named ‘sunglasses tray’ for both a bin and tray for the center console.

lairdb

Country
Country
For those without 3d printing capability, I encourage you to get chojn1's tray -- it's cool that his kids are doing it. The megathread is here.

If you're in here and thinking about printing your own, I just posted my remix on Thingiverse, including info on flocking (velvety-coating).

More photos at:

Model and discussion at:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3092191

neps

Country
Country
Curious - what do you guys use the Arm rest holder area for? I put my sunglasses in there, but keep seeing everyone printing these trays instead... am I doing it wrong? :D

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Curious - what do you guys use the Arm rest holder area for? I put my sunglasses in there, but keep seeing everyone printing these trays instead... am I doing it wrong? :D
You're not doing anything wrong. :p I used to do that too but it is kind of a pain to have to open that big console armrest to get to stuff. Much easier to get your sunglasses with one click to open the front console cover and access these type of trays.

neps

Country
Country
Ah, thanks @Quicksilver - glad to hear it. The center console is weird, surprised it's just this large void. What were the designers original intent? iPad storage? Ha.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ah, thanks @Quicksilver - glad to hear it. The center console is weird, surprised it's just this large void. What were the designers original intent? iPad storage? Ha.
I tend to keep my deep storage are clear - no clutter - so yes, it may be nice to have the big storage but I don't use it.