Center Console Wrap

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

erock841

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey Everyone,

I just got my P3D over the weekend and I’ve been lurking for a while learning more about how you’ve customized your cars and deciding how I want to customize mine. I decided early on I wanted matte white center console wrap to match my white seats. It looked easy enough but I just spent the last 50 minutes trying to do just the cup holder section, completely ruining it and eventually giving up. Am I the only one that finds this impossible? Is there an alternative way to get this done? Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the Bay Area that could do this at a reasonable price?

Thanks,
-Erik

ninjarice

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Try NL Wraps in Santa Clara. They specialize in wrapping and vinyl. They did the chrome delete as well as a dash wrap for my model 3.

Owners name is Jorge. I would shoot him a text: (408) 606-0906

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey Everyone,

I just got my P3D over the weekend and I’ve been lurking for a while learning more about how you’ve customized your cars and deciding how I want to customize mine. I decided early on I wanted matte white center console wrap to match my white seats. It looked easy enough but I just spent the last 50 minutes trying to do just the cup holder section, completely ruining it and eventually giving up. Am I the only one that finds this impossible? Is there an alternative way to get this done? Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the Bay Area that could do this at a reasonable price?

Thanks,
-Erik
Welcome! I think the problem is that you may have picked the hardest part of the console to start with. The other two areas (front phone charging section and middle cubby hole section) should be much easier to deal with. Personally, I am leaving my center console stock because I like the piano black (I also like chrome trims - so I am just old fashion that way) :p I do agree that the black console does not match well with the white seats and dashboard.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just did my center console with Abstract Ocean's vinyl wrap, I found the cup holder section to be the easiest, and the phone dock section to be the hardest due to the touchscreen being in the way. You can try following the technique in this video:

Oh and here's my Brushed Black Metallic center console vinyl wrap. I love it, it still shines. But without the piano black gloss, there goes finger prints, dust, and reflection. I'm going for Black/Blue look with my RWD Model 3 so it fits.

Serenity-center-console-wrap-10-1-2018.jpg

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey Everyone,

Thanks,
-Erik
this is what I did...
  1. watch @kenriko's install video on youtube
  2. before removing the cupholder section, I added removable tape to help stabilize the sides and center. (this is my spare piece that I didn't need) IMG_1011.jpg
  3. peeled it up and centered over the cupholders. Got the squared off sections of the cupholder cutout tacked down, then removed the tape.
  4. it went surprisingly well doing it this way. I think I had all three parts done within 15-ish minutes.

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
+1 for @kenriko - the key to these wraps and especially the cup holder is to make sure you have a good kit, one that is cut right. Much discussion about how poor some of them are, but the ones from kenriko have been spot on and many of us as amateurs have been able to make them look pretty good. He sells on Amazon.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If all else fails and you don't want to deal with it, contact a local detail shop. The center console wrap is one of the easier jobs for them, so they should be able to take care of it for you. Don't pay too much, it isn't a PPF job.

kenriko

M3OC Sponsor Vendor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Here to answer any questions you might have.

atlas310

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll also vouch for @kenriko . I initially bought the xpel kit from another vendor and both v1 and v2, the cut outs for the cupholder didn't line up. Went with Kenriko's black matrix. Install was quicker, easier and unless I told you, you'd think it came from the factory like that.

Three Pixel

Country
Country
I also installed the Black Matrix this last weekend, and it wasn’t that hard to do. My rim around the cup holders isn’t perfect, but I have the spare sheet if I really want to try and redo it. The key, and it’s mentioned in @kenriko video, is go slow and don’t press it all down until you’re solid on how it’s laying down. Even then I was able to fix a few small areas after I pushed it all down.

msjulie

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got mine from amazon but had KarToyz install it when I had paint protection film put on (they are in San Jose) - no extra charge for that from them, I'm a repeat customer...

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
this is what I did...before removing the cupholder section, I added removable tape to help stabilize the sides and center. (this is my spare piece that I didn't need)
That's actually a really good idea. Keeps you from accidentally stretching out the thinner spots and forces it to stay square.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I used the open source templates and my Brother decal cutter (similar to a Cricut or Silhouette), but for the cup holder piece, I used some transfer tape to hold everything in place. Transfer tape is the clear stuff you usually see on decals that hold the vinyl while you position it.
Kenriko's kits are awesome, but this would be my only criticism of it. He can easily update the kits to add the transfer tape to just the cupholder piece without having to add a bunch of cost.
Doing it this way was so much easier and quicker than what his install video showed.
If you already have a kit, or cut yours out on your own, you can get a sheet of the transfer tape from most hobby stores. (Michael's, hobby lobby, etc. Ask for vinyl transfer paper or transfer tape, probably in the section by the Cricut machines).
It will also help if you want to use the 3/E logos that are on the sheet he gives you.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Another nod to @kenriko . I just did mine in the matte black on Thursday. Make sure your car is well cooled off- not just the air, but the console, and that the wraps are in the car getting chilled to the same temperature. I agree with @Gavyne- I found the upper sections to be the toughest. Not just because they were harder to reach, but because they move!

The matte black matches the seats perfectly, although next time I might try the brushed metal to provide a little contrast.

VoltageDrop

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I did mine as well in gunmetal.....not 100% perfect but definitely acceptable and I'd probably have to point out to you the few small imperfections present......I too thought that the phone holder area lid was the hardest to do as the screen was in the way....

Definitely could be done by yourself but takes a bit of patience......the key to the cupholder area is to actually start by attaching the vinyl around the lips of the cupholder holes and then work away from them.....

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Abstract Ocean charges $50 for their cent console wrap kit.

As I expected, the aftermarket prices are dropping quickly with more cars (more customers) to sell to and more sellers competing. This simple black wrap is available on Amazon for a measly $10

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As I expected, the aftermarket prices are dropping quickly with more cars (more customers) to sell to and more sellers competing. This simple black wrap is available on Amazon for a measly $10
This company appears to have taken @kenriko's templates, which he graciously made freely available for people to cut their own wraps. You can tell by the presence of the three-bar logo in the middle of the cup holders. I found another seller on Amazon doing the same thing, but selling them for $15.

If you want to support the person who created the vinyl template and made it freely available for anybody to cut their own, and convince him to create even more products for the Model 3, then consider buying them from Kenriko himself.

Last edited:

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Abstract Ocean charges $50 for their cent console wrap kit.

I'm all about cheaper add on's, but just the horrible English in that description and no reviews shows it is someone else just trying to make a buck (nothing against that), but likely has no real experience, likely even from overseas. I'd say they've probably also just copied @kenriko who actually has shared most of his patterns and is also a member and supporter here on the forum. Please review the products and consider what you are getting for your dollars worth.

Edit - Obviously I agree with @garsh - I started my reply and went to get breakfast and came back to finish only to then see his reply appear. I do agree though.