Chicago Area - PPF/Ceramic/Tint

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Just wondering... How many Chicagoland people are interested in possibly doing a group thing for PPF and the works?

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What shop do you have in mind? I’ve already decided to go with Auto Image in Barrington.

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
What shop do you have in mind? I’ve already decided to go with Auto Image in Barrington.
Was thinking Chicago Auto Pros in Glen Ellyn or Glenview. Honestly, I like those guys too, but they're further for me. I'd go with them though for a deal if they'd give one.

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
CAP does great work, but be prepared to pay in excess of $10k for tint/PPF/ceramic coating. Doubt they’d do a group deal since they are already so busy.

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
CAP does great work, but be prepared to pay in excess of $10k for tint/PPF/ceramic coating. Doubt they’d do a group deal since they are already so busy.
Yeah... They asked how many people so I said I'd do a survey to see. Can you check with Auto Image if they'd be interested in doing something maybe?

BrodyC

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I’m interested. Not a full PPF though, perhaps just the bumpers for me.
Irrespective of a group buy, what places do you guys recommend? I see a couple of shops already listed. Anything in the actual city?

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Window tint! I’m 3ish hours from Chicago but can’t find a place locally that I trust with my car. When I’ve asked friends/family/coworkers for input and suggestions, EVERYONE gives a DIFFERENT place. Then I’ll look online and those places have bad reviews and websites that haven’t been updated in decades.

I want a place I can trust that will do the back window in one piece. That would definitely be worth the trip for me.

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah... They asked how many people so I said I'd do a survey to see. Can you check with Auto Image if they'd be interested in doing something maybe?
I’ll see what he thinks. As-is, he’s already half the price of Chicago Auto Pros.

Window tint! I’m 3ish hours from Chicago but can’t find a place locally that I trust with my car. When I’ve asked friends/family/coworkers for input and suggestions, EVERYONE gives a DIFFERENT place. Then I’ll look online and those places have bad reviews and websites that haven’t been updated in decades.

I want a place I can trust that will do the back window in one piece. That would definitely be worth the trip for me.
Chicago Auto Pros (either location) Or Auto Image in Barrington. Both places will do the rear window in one piece.

Last edited:

arcanexvi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I work at Abt in Glenview and once my 3 arrives I'll have my guys look at it to see if it's worthwhile to bring in the materials do to the roof tints as a single piece. I already know we can order them but they're $$$

larryt1026

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll be down for a group thing as well. I'm interested in PPF (full front) and ceramic coating. It is unlikely Chicago Auto Pros will do a group rate. They are very pricey compared to others in the area, but they seem to be by far the best. The other place I was contemplating is Midwest Autobahnd Road Block. They only do PPF (Xpel) and cheaper (not by much). Other advantage is they are downtown.

Juliethh

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just had Xpel and Scrape Armor applied by Midwest Autobahnd Road Block. This place was recommended by Tesla employee who had his Performance wrapped. They were able to apply Xpel the next day for me. Ross McClellan is a nice cool dude. (Also if you want full wrap they are WAY cheaper than CAP. CAP is booked until first week of Nov. and far from the city. I probably would have chipped my M3 driving all the way to CAP.) Plus they are located in Collectors Car Garage which in and of itself is cool. McLarens, Ferraris, Lamborghinis...

Attachments

Country
Country
Are people still interested in this? (Or have folks already gone ahead )
I’m in Glenview area and looking at tint options

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am looking to have ceramic coating (Modesta) applied. If it is possible to do a group rate for a professional grade ceramic coating I would be down for that.

Country
Country
Luckily I live down the street from the Glenview Chicago Auto Pros, but it looks like there are several window tinting areas that look good near me, including Exotic Window Tint in Northbrook.

I'm new to tinting. How much would an average tinting job cost for the Model 3, so I know what to expect?
also, how long does a typical tint job take...?

thanks

Last edited: