Chrome Delete

Would you black out the chrome on your M3?

• Total voters

Griff

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Looking at some Model S pictures on the interwebs, I'm thinking that I really want do a chrome delete. I'm planning on getting a black M3. Opinions? Also, would anyone with photoshop skills be willing to make a before and after chrome delete on a black M3?

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree, depending on the paint color, black would look better than chrome. However I'm starting to think that a chromed greenhouse line is an intentional Tesla design feature across all their vehicles.

Justmurr

Country
Country
The chrome trim on this car has me decided that I need sport wheels because I think they match the chrome trim better ....then later when the chrome is blacked out, I will do something to the wheels (and calipers) too. I'm also convinced that the front fascia would likely need some sort of protection.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m not a big fan of chrome (when it’s overdone), but I actually think there is a good balance here.

Seeing a black car with black wheels, black calipers, chrome delete, and dark tint looks bad in my opinion.

Rich M

M3OC Supporting Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think T sportline has the right idea. On Midnight Silver I'd like to black out the window trim and door handles at least (and do a small CF or black trunk lip spoiler).

sclyde

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Saw a chrome delete on a silver 3 on twitter yesterday.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

They also painted the sport wheels. Overall it’s not my cup of tea to be honest.

Not bad — it’s a contrast, but not for me.

dogfood

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I just happened to do a quick PhotoShop job on this blue lovely today. Right afterward, I saw a Ford SUV with a similar color scheme, blue with little to no chrome. It looked nice in person.

Attachments

Rich M

M3OC Supporting Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If they offer the sport wheels in a darker color, I'd be inclined to get them.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Once I heard the aero wheels added 10% to the range I decided that chrome delete was the only way to go. Especially with the multi coat red. These two pics convinced me, the second one still has the chrome but due to the angle of the pic and lighting it almost looks black. I think it looks much better blacked out.....

Attachments

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The only real question now is do I black out the Tesla symbol front and back as well???

Justmurr

Country
Country

sport wheel & chrome trim dipped in a graphite metalizer...on the multi-coat red. That's a new contender.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If they offer the sport wheels in a darker color, I'd be inclined to get them.
In the same finish as the 21” turbines on the S and I’m in! ;)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I am bewildered that all you guys don’t seem to have budget limits considerations... :D

Until further notice and prices in :france: are clearer (which probably won’t be before the summer of 2018...) I am concerned I’ll still be able to afford my fav color and sports wheels if I want the LRB... Heck, I don’t even know if I’ll be able to afford the LRB... :confused:

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am bewildered that all you guys don’t seem to have budget limits considerations... :D

Until further notice and prices in :france: are clearer (which probably won’t be before the summer of 2018...) I am concerned I’ll still be able to afford my fav color and sports wheels if I want the LRB... Heck, I don’t even know if I’ll be able to afford the LRB... :confused:
Budget weighs heavy on me my friend. These aftermarket changes will need to magically appear for me ;)

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I guess I am just a confirmed old fart, blue haired nerd but I am REALLY wanting a wheel cover option that will better match the chrome trim. I just don't buy into all the "black out" craze of late, but hey, that's just me being old school I guess. I would love to save the $1500 on sport wheels and still have a light wheel cover. Perhaps not chrome but certainly much lighter than what is available at this point. (and no, I don't want to spend the money to go aftermarket. Kind of defeats the purpose of saving the money in the first place.) Guess we can't have everything.

Dan

garsh

Dis Member
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would love to save the $1500 on sport wheels and still have a light wheel cover. Perhaps not chrome but certainly much lighter than what is available at this point. (and no, I don't want to spend the money to go aftermarket. Kind of defeats the purpose of saving the money in the first place.) Guess we can't have everything.
Oh yes you can. :)