Clear Bra Front Bumper Photos

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hoping that some people can post some photo closeups of their clear bra PPF on the front of the cars. I'm looking to see how clean the seams look on the front bumper.

I just got mine back from a shop and everything looks fine except for the seams.

Attachments

TheTony

It happened.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've not put PPF on mine (yet). However, I have seen owners with it installed and visited one local shop who installs it. Those seams look uneven - almost seems like an inexperienced installer, is my immediate reaction.

To be fair, the lower front of the 3 is not the easiest for PPF install. However, I would expect a little more attention to detail in any areas where they had to cut the PPF to install it.

Do you happen to know if they used templates or cut it to fit?

Ken Voss

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hoping that some people can post some photo closeups of their clear bra PPF on the front of the cars. I'm looking to see how clean the seams look on the front bumper.

I just got mine back from a shop and everything looks fine except for the seams.
Outch.... I would bring it back to the shop and have them do it over again. I did front bumper, hood, front fenders, headlights and mirrors and it all came out 100% seamless, no seams show anywhere.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Outch.... I would bring it back to the shop and have them do it over again. I did front bumper, hood, front fenders, headlights and mirrors and it all came out 100% seamless, no seams show anywhere.
Can you post some closeup photos? I want to show some to the installer.

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yikes. Id return it. I cant find any seams anywhere PPF was applied. My A pillar film goes up to the B pillar, and even at eye level I cant see where the PPF stops. Also not just seams, they did not do the corners properly. Given what you shown, I dont think the shop has the skills to do this work from your pictures. Id ask for my money back and find a new place. I know in the SF area Immaculate Reflections has a very strong reputation.

IMG_7480.PNG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks. I contacted the installer. The installer will redo it. If it still looks bad, then I will ask for a refund.

Thanks for all your guys help

Sandy

One obsession to the next
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have no seams at all. My installer didn’t use a precut pattern but used one bulk piece and hand formed it. He has since changed his method to 2 bulk pieces and does have 2 seams just on the lower front lip. The seams are perfect though unlike the ones in your pictures.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The weird thing is the shop didn't use a precut pattern either. It was hand formed.

I'll give the shop one more shot at it before asking for a refund and going somewhere else.

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The weird thing is the shop didn't use a precut pattern either. It was hand formed.

I'll give the shop one more shot at it before asking for a refund and going somewhere else.
I hate to say it, but the first thing I thought was it looks like the person used scraps patched together. No reason for seams anywhere where you have them.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hate to say it, but the first thing I thought was it looks like the person used scraps patched together. No reason for seams anywhere where you have them.
Can you PM or post close ups of your bumper where all the seams meet? I want to have something to show when I meet with the shop owner.

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can you PM or post close ups of your bumper where all the seams meet? I want to have something to show when I meet with the shop owner.

I dont have seams anywhere.

EDIT

I have one seam at the air intake area. Without low sun angle, I never would have seen it. Ive washed it a number of times since the wrap and never noticed.

IMG_7495.JPG

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I dont have seams anywhere.

EDIT

I have one seam at the air intake area. Without low sun angle, I never would have seen it. Ive washed it a number of times since the wrap and never noticed.

View attachment 17390
Thanks for the photo! It's a little hard to tell. Is there another horizontal seam where the film on the bumper meets the film on the lip?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the link. I selected a shop from the list. I think my installer was a recent hire the owner hired. I'm going to request that the owner fix it himself

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If done by a professional shop you should be hard pressed to see any seems as they will wrap around and under. Its all about the installer and the film quality. The company I took it to uses a computer to cut it to spec, not by hand.