Color Choice for Tesla 3

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not fair! I was told the silver was no longer available ... my car came off the line November 7, 2018.
Silver is no longer available, the color referenced above is Midnight Silver. Two different colors.

I have a Midnight Silver with black interior and love it. We added a second black with white interior and love it even more. The white really pops and is very nice and catches he eye. Likely going to be a little more work to keep clean, but worth it.

I've lost count, but aren't we close to 100,000 model 3's or something like that. Only a total of 7 colors have been made, 2 wheel choices and 2 interior colors. you won't find anything unique at this point, and you can't go wrong. Make your favorite choices and enjoy the car.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I went with midnight silver metallic with black interior. Would have loved the white interior but I have little kids and that just wasn’t in the cards. White on white looks awesome as well. Especially with some darker tinted window if it’s legal in TX. It’s not legal to tint front windows at all in NJ so between that and the kids it was midnight silver and black for me. Love it though!

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am from TX and have to decide the color scheme for my Tesla 3. Should I go for Metallic Silver or Pearl White? Also Interiors Black or white? Any advice.
My honest advice...get a color YOU love and can LIVE with.

What I mean by that is that only you will be living with it day-to-day, and depending on your storage and maintenance habits the priority of color you chose (exterior or interior) may vary.

Side Note: My prediction is that within 2-years 75% of all those who pick the White interior will regret it... sure it LOOKS cool and dramatic, but I don't care if it's Tesla or anybody else's seats you'll never keep them looking that bright and clean as a daily driver unless you cover them or clean them obsessively weekly. Anybody who's been to a big international auto show can tell you that within days and a couple thousand butts in the seats ANY light interior looks like crap.

Side Note 2: Silver Metallic on Black here and 100% happy with my choice! :p

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Side Note: My prediction is that within 2-years 75% of all those who pick the White interior will regret it... sure it LOOKS cool and dramatic, but I don't care if it's Tesla or anybody else's seats you'll never keep them looking that bright and clean as a daily driver unless you cover them or clean them obsessively weekly. Anybody who's been to a big international auto show can tell you that within days and a couple thousand butts in the seats ANY light interior looks like crap.
We started out planning for white/White and then changed because of this concern over long term ownership. I didn’t want black, so I’ll throw out another idea. Getting a Katzkin leather/vinyl (leather seating surfaces and vinyl side/backs) was going to cost $1650 installed and have tons of color choices. I almost went with Autumn on mine. It would look amazing with Midnight Silver. So if it were mine choosing between the two, I’d get Midnight Silver and plan to spend $1650 on custom leather. Full vinyl would be less money. I ended up going with custom Ferrari tan/Cuoio leather instead of the more orange Autumn. Color samples shown. Also shown is another person who did Katzkin red leather and red 83AAB4B1-D6CD-4DE5-8748-6C5075DE45D6.jpeg Alcantara door panels C227276B-B7D6-4774-8AA9-1E25DE16F5CE.jpeg 9CF13400-4F86-4015-925C-46722F8F4E7E.jpeg
10E1C9F7-6353-4ADF-BBF9-152167A1C317.jpeg

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We started out planning for white/White and then changed because of this concern over long term ownership. I didn’t want black, so I’ll throw out another idea. Getting a Katzkin leather/vinyl (leather seating surfaces and vinyl side/backs) was going to cost $1650 installed and have tons of color choices. I almost went with Autumn on mine. It would look amazing with Midnight Silver. So if it were mine choosing between the two, I’d get Midnight Silver and plan to spend $1650 on custom leather. Full vinyl would be less money. I ended up going with custom Ferrari tan/Cuoio leather instead of the more orange Autumn. Color samples shown. Also shown is another person who did Katzkin red leather and red Alcantara door panels
Guess this goes back to the "as long as you love it", but IMO both of those samples clash with the factory wood trim badly. Mostly black interior, colored seats, light wood dash, silver trim and a grey headliner...just too much going on (again IMO) and takes away from the original simplistic design.

In the White/Red example with the matching door trim the perfect fit would be wrapping the dash piece the same as the center console and adding Black stitching on the seats would really finishing off the look.

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK. point is that there are options. I’ll be covering headliner in black and dash to carbon fiber. That just adds cost though. I do agree that tans with light grey headliner clash a bit. The wood difference is a non issue in person.

Dash will be changed to carbon fiber anyway. The arm rests on doors and center are all glued with the padding, so it isn’t a simple recovering.

GDN

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Silver is no longer available, the color referenced above is Midnight Silver. Two different colors.

I have a Midnight Silver with black interior and love it. We added a second black with white interior and love it even more. The white really pops and is very nice and catches he eye. Likely going to be a little more work to keep clean, but worth it.

I've lost count, but aren't we close to 100,000 model 3's or something like that. Only a total of 7 colors have been made, 2 wheel choices and 2 interior colors. you won't find anything unique at this point, and you can't go wrong. Make your favorite choices and enjoy the car.

I'm going to update my comment with another option. If you aren't happy with any of these color choices and have a couple thousand extra and plan on some sort of protective clear wrap, then just order black, save the money you'd pay Tesla for a color and instead of a clear wrap choose from one of the THOUSANDS of colors from 3M and other vendors and make your car any color you want.

Here is one example that lives in Dallas. Not endorsing the color, just showing the options are really limitless.
Mvk6uD02QyS3ZP8CSGODDQ.jpg

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Side Note: My prediction is that within 2-years 75% of all those who pick the White interior will regret it... sure it LOOKS cool and dramatic, but I don't care if it's Tesla or anybody else's seats you'll never keep them looking that bright and clean as a daily driver unless you cover them or clean them obsessively weekly
I think the bigger issue will be the stitching looking dirty against the white fabric. The fabric may be easy to clean, but each time a cleaner is used on the fabric, that cleaner will soak into the fibers of the thread and most likely will leave behind dirty residue.

FRC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the bigger issue will be the stitching looking dirty against the white fabric. The fabric may be easy to clean, but each time a cleaner is used on the fabric, that cleaner will soak into the fibers of the thread and most likely will leave behind dirty residue.
Time will tell, my wife had similar concerns when we ordered white interior. Three months in, no issues. Easy to clean, easy to keep clean. Worst case, after-market recover, but I bet that's way more than two years out, if ever.