Cross-Posting a thread from TMC on how to identify malfunctioning stalls.

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So Pbaker on TMC just posted this - https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/malfunctioning-supercharger-stalls.136171/#post-3223730

Here it is copied and pasted:

"Can this be the new way we identify a malfunctioning supercharger stall??
It is painful watching so many drivers continue to try to use the one that’s not working, and sometimes losing their place in line... "

I agreed and said I'd spread the word...

However, STEP 1 is to call and work with Tesla Supercharger to make sure that the stall is out of service, so call for help, then if Tesla says it's bad, do this... (Phone number is usually on the supercharger head unit, if not email - CustomerSupport@tesla.com )

STEP 2 will then be to do this...

Malfunction Supercharger Sign.jpg
by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

I like this because it's clean, keeps the cable off the ground and away from any further physical damage and obvious.

Like I said, first VERIFY with Tesla that a stall is misbehaving before doing this to the stall.

What do you think?

Last edited:

iChris93

Top-Contributor
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would this be for chargers that are charging well below 120 kW or only chargers that do not work at all?