Current Tesla owners

• Please keep posts on topic and refrain from short messages. Thanks!
Any existing Tesla owners here looking to get the Model 3? If so, can I ask why you're interested? I ask solely from a curious perspective seeing as how the 3 would be seen as a "downgrade" from the other models.

I don't have a S but I can guess they could want a second car for someone else in their family (husband, wife, kids).
Also some S owners don't have the autopilot hardware and could benefit from a brand new car (with new options) to switch.

Reggie

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
While waiting at my local store, I asked several Model S owners the same question. Most said that they enjoyed their Model S so much that they wanted to replace another car they had with a Tesla, but for whatever reason, didn't want to pay the price for another S. One couple I spoke to had a Model S and Chevy Volt and was looking to replace the Volt with the Model 3. A few stated it would be for a child of there's, but most was that first reason.

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I have an S today and love it. We have 3 other ICE cars in our family. One of them already has 200K miles on it. My plan is to replace that one with the 3 (although it will be really hard to give the 3 to the other family member when it has newer stuff on it than my S, perhaps they'll get my older S).

jman

We have a 70D and took me 2 years to convince the wife, have had it for just over 2.5 years. My reason for selling my S and getting the 3 are a couple reasons. Financially makes sense, I am tall and the 3 is easier to get in and out of, the value of my car will never be higher than it is now..make a big Tesla fan REALLY happy !
Although I will miss out on future free SC and have to pay small fees.....I will miss the Batmobile for sure !!

Andy Z

M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
My wife has a model X and it is awesome. Once you drive a Tesla you don't want to drive an ICE car. That is why I also bought a Model 3....for me

NJ3

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
My wife has a Model S and we absolutely love it. We are huge Tesla fans and once you drive one you will never want to drive another car. I try to get everyone I know to buy a Tesla. We plan to get the Model 3 because of the newer technology in the car and then get a new S or Y in a few years. I love the 3 and that will be my main car but I think I may get the Y when I see what it looks like.

SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While waiting at my local store, I asked several Model S owners the same question. Most said that they enjoyed their Model S so much that they wanted to replace another car they had with a Tesla, but for whatever reason, didn't want to pay the price for another S. One couple I spoke to had a Model S and Chevy Volt and was looking to replace the Volt with the Model 3. A few stated it would be for a child of there's, but most was that first reason.
I think this could be quite accurate. A lot of people reached for Model S and over extended as it was the only viable option to go electric and drive any kind of real distance. Their cars may be 4-5 years old now, well behind on tech, in need of upgrade and here comes a car loaded that’s $20k less than the base price of a new Model S.