1. Model 3 is coming. Get your Model 3 Owners Club apparel today!

Dismiss Notice

Current Tesla owners

Discussion in 'Reserving, Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jkchiang, Apr 4, 2016.

More threads by jkchiang
  1. jkchiang

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Maryland
    Any existing Tesla owners here looking to get the Model 3? If so, can I ask why you're interested? I ask solely from a curious perspective seeing as how the 3 would be seen as a "downgrade" from the other models.

2. Julien

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    France
    I don't have a S but I can guess they could want a second car for someone else in their family (husband, wife, kids).
    Also some S owners don't have the autopilot hardware and could benefit from a brand new car (with new options) to switch.

3. Reggie

Expand Collapse

Principal Consultant
    City & State/Province:
    Fort Worth
    While waiting at my local store, I asked several Model S owners the same question. Most said that they enjoyed their Model S so much that they wanted to replace another car they had with a Tesla, but for whatever reason, didn't want to pay the price for another S. One couple I spoke to had a Model S and Chevy Volt and was looking to replace the Volt with the Model 3. A few stated it would be for a child of there's, but most was that first reason.

4. teslaliving

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Boston
    Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    I have an S today and love it. We have 3 other ICE cars in our family. One of them already has 200K miles on it. My plan is to replace that one with the 3 (although it will be really hard to give the 3 to the other family member when it has newer stuff on it than my S, perhaps they'll get my older S).

• Like Like x 1