1. Please keep posts on topic and refrain from short messages. Thanks!

Current Tesla owners

Discussion in 'Reserving, Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jkchiang, Apr 4, 2016.

More threads by jkchiang
  1. jkchiang

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Maryland
    Any existing Tesla owners here looking to get the Model 3? If so, can I ask why you're interested? I ask solely from a curious perspective seeing as how the 3 would be seen as a "downgrade" from the other models.

2. Julien

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    France
    I don't have a S but I can guess they could want a second car for someone else in their family (husband, wife, kids).
    Also some S owners don't have the autopilot hardware and could benefit from a brand new car (with new options) to switch.

3. Reggie

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Fort Worth
    Tesla Owner:
    Reservation
    Country
    While waiting at my local store, I asked several Model S owners the same question. Most said that they enjoyed their Model S so much that they wanted to replace another car they had with a Tesla, but for whatever reason, didn't want to pay the price for another S. One couple I spoke to had a Model S and Chevy Volt and was looking to replace the Volt with the Model 3. A few stated it would be for a child of there's, but most was that first reason.

4. teslaliving

Top-Contributor
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Boston
    Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    I have an S today and love it. We have 3 other ICE cars in our family. One of them already has 200K miles on it. My plan is to replace that one with the 3 (although it will be really hard to give the 3 to the other family member when it has newer stuff on it than my S, perhaps they'll get my older S).

• Like Like x 1
  5. jman

Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    shrewsbury, Ma
    We have a 70D and took me 2 years to convince the wife, have had it for just over 2.5 years. My reason for selling my S and getting the 3 are a couple reasons. Financially makes sense, I am tall and the 3 is easier to get in and out of, the value of my car will never be higher than it is now..make a big Tesla fan REALLY happy !
    Although I will miss out on future free SC and have to pay small fees.....I will miss the Batmobile for sure !!

6. Andy Z

M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    San Diego
    Tesla Owner:
    Model X
    Country
    My wife has a model X and it is awesome. Once you drive a Tesla you don't want to drive an ICE car. That is why I also bought a Model 3....for me

• Like Like x 1
  7. NJ3

NJ3
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    Georgia
    Tesla Owner:
    Model S
    Country
    My wife has a Model S and we absolutely love it. We are huge Tesla fans and once you drive one you will never want to drive another car. I try to get everyone I know to buy a Tesla. We plan to get the Model 3 because of the newer technology in the car and then get a new S or Y in a few years. I love the 3 and that will be my main car but I think I may get the Y when I see what it looks like.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SoFlaModel3

Team Midnight Silver
    Moderator M3OC Supporting Member
    Expand Collapse

City & State/Province:
    South Florida
    Tesla Owner:
    Model 3
    Country
    I think this could be quite accurate. A lot of people reached for Model S and over extended as it was the only viable option to go electric and drive any kind of real distance. Their cars may be 4-5 years old now, well behind on tech, in need of upgrade and here comes a car loaded that’s $20k less than the base price of a new Model S.