Dashcam installation in Model X

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Can anyone suggest a good dashcam installer for a Model X in the Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto areas?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Can anyone suggest a good dashcam installer for a Model X in the Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto areas?
Have you made the plunge for the red beauty that makes the wifey grin?? :)

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Have you made the plunge for the red beauty that makes the wifey grin?? :)
Michael, if they weren’t moral standards on this forum, I could answer your question in many different ways. I plan to order a red Model X around April 1st in order to receive it at the beginning of summer. I decided for three reasons: the delay for Canadian deliveries is too much (late 2018 or early 2019), I’m concerned about access/exit and I’m not in love with the simplified interior. No doubt though that Model 3 is a great car.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founding Father, Red Dragon rider
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Michael, if they weren’t moral standards on this forum, I could answer your question in many different ways. I plan to order a red Model X around April 1st in order to receive it at the beginning of summer. I decided for three reasons: the delay for Canadian deliveries is too much (late 2018 or early 2019), I’m concerned about access/exit and I’m not in love with the simplified interior. No doubt though that Model 3 is a great car.
Rick, I applaud your restraint... :D

On another note, I am not surprised and would do the same thing if I could afford it... Ok, maybe not a red one... ;) Congrats in advance... :)

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Reposting this in case things have changed.

Can anyone suggest a good dashcam installer for a Model X in the Ottawa or Montreal areas?

EVTuning

M3OC Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
If you wanted to drive across the boarder I install Blackvue's in Southern NH just off I-95 about 2 miles from the Supercharger. I just finished up a Dual 750S install. The "main camera" is the front and rear camera and for visibility we put the "rear camera" on the side triangle glass angled backwards. You end up with about 270-300* field of video coverage. Everything we do is plug and play, No splicing or cutting into the factory harnesses. We also offer an aux 12v port so you can run a wifi hotspot to monitor the car remotely. Install for single 2CH camera starts at 399.00, 12v port is additional 50.00 and the dual setup in the pictures is 995.00 plus camera's. I'm doing a group buy on DR900S 4k's if you don't already have camera's and want the latest and greatest.

Attachments

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Finally found someone to install a Blackvue 750 2-ch dashcam in my Model X in Ottawa. It’s a tough install but incarelectrics.ca did an amazing job. Took the two installers a total of 5 hours but you’d never know they were there. Everything is clean, no evidence showing anywhere and the dashcams work like a charm. They also installed the Power Magic so I have 24-7 coverage. Couldn’t wait for Tesla to update to this level of coverage and ease of use.