Digital License Plate

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 17th all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone know where I can get one of the new California digital license plates installed in the San Diego area? I've seen T Sportline has them up in LA but that's a hike for me.

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I heard they were available via some traditional car dealers.

They're made by Reviver Auto. (their website actually shows it on a Tesla).

Check their Where to Buy page to locate a dealer. Last I heard, these plates weren't cheap ($700 iirc), and require a monthly service plan. I do wonder if these would replace the ugly California HOV stickers.

Last edited:

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
M3OC Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I heard they were available via some traditional car dealers.

They're made by Reviver Auto. (their website actually shows it on a Tesla).

Check their Where to Buy page to locate a dealer. Last I heard, these plates weren't cheap ($700 iirc), and require a monthly service plan. I do wonder if these would replace the ugly California HOV stickers.
Thanks! I found a place local. I wish they'd replace the HOV stickers :( Ontario does it right with their green plates. They really just need EV plates.

They're only legal in California.
That's correct. Not sure why you're telling me that, though.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Thanks! I found a place local. I wish they'd replace the HOV stickers :( Ontario does it right with their green plates. They really just need EV plates.
Did you ever get your digital plate ? Despite the naysayers, I'm thinking of getting one. Especially if it can display the HOV access without decals all over the bumper

Did you ever get your digital plate ? Despite the naysayers, I'm thinking of getting one. Especially if it can display the HOV access without decals all over the bumper
I am doubious if this will happen. It will tough to justify allowing having the HOV indicator only on the plate while requiring stickers on all four sides.

I am also doubtful if people will be able to change to a custom number while parked. Parking control officers and security people are going to have major problems with this.