Display Freezes when WiFi is connected - 2018.32.6

• If you haven't taken delivery yet or plan on ordering you can still get the 6 months of FREE Supercharging only until December 31st all Model 3s now qualify! Call or email your Tesla delivery advisor and give them our code
  • Please post everything related to v9 (2018.39.x) into the version 9 MEGATHREAD. Please do your part to keep this site organized for everyone by looking around or doing a search BEFORE posting. Thanks

• Winter is here and the forum is starting to get flooded with cold weather threads and posts. Please heed the suggested threads and posts before you post something related to cold weather. This is a great place to start: https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/teslas-in-cold-weather.5271
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey All!

I just took delivery of my Model 3 last Friday, and as soon as I got home, I ran into an issue where the display would completely freeze. Everything is visible, but buttons dont work...

When I called Tesla, we eventually narrowed the issue down to the WIRELESS connection.

When wireless is turned OFF, there is no issue, and the screen is not frozen

When wireless is turned ON, the display INSTANTLY freezes

I have to constantly do a Screen Reset, and catch the first few seconds to hit the wireless menu, and turn off wireless.

If i dont catch it in time, the screen will freeze, and i have to reset it again

Has anyone else had this issue before?

Im on firmware "2018.32.6 - 08c12e6"

Tesla said they sent out the latest one, but somehow i dont believe that as its been sitting for 4 days now and nothing

TIA!